𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐃

Start from the beginning

Tears streamed down Leah's face, her expression twisted in agony. As her vision blurred, she sniffled and scrolled through her contacts once more, until she landed on a familiar name.

Walker Scobell.

Pressing the phone to her ear, Leah waited anxiously for a response, hoping against hope for some comfort.

In that moment, Leah's ears caught the sound of the familiar connection, bringing a flood of relief to her expression.

Barely a whisper, she murmured softly, "Walkie..."

 ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ"Hey, my princess. How are you?" Walker's gentle voice filled the air. ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

The sound of Walker's voice stirred butterflies in Leah's stomach, his tender tone a comforting wave of love that enveloped her.

However, all of that vanished into thin air as Leah's voice pierced through the silence, burdened with a deep sigh, and crumbling with every uttered word, "My stomach has been killing me ever since the awards started, and like, I didn't realize it, but I got my period, and I bled through my dress! I'm so embarrassed, Walker. And my mom's not picking up her phone, and I just want to-"

ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ"Hey, hey, slow down, Leah. Don't worry, Shh, Shh," Walker's voice exuded warmth and enthusiasm as he comforted.ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

Leah clenched her teeth, desperately trying to suppress her wails.

ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ"Listen, lovely, no need to stress. I'll talk to my mom about giving me a ride to the event hall, and I'll make sure to bring everything you need," Walker's words were a soothing balm to the anxious heart he discussed with.ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

Luckily, Walker found himself in the heart of Hollywood as well, thanks to a small gig he had taken up. This allowed him to be right in the midst of all the excitement and action.

Leah's anguished cries echoed through the air, her tears flowing ceaselessly as she found the strength to utter her words. "I don't want you to spend your night on me. You might have other things going on, and I don't want to ruin them," her words were punctuated by the sound of her uncontrollable weeping.

ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ"Shh, Shh, Leah, darling, it's alright. I didn't have any big plans tonight, and it's always worthwhile when I'm with you," Walker's voice, gentle and soothing, provided reassurance.ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

Leah's voice trembled as she sniffed, "B-but-"

ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ"No buts, sweet pea. I'll take care of you. Don't worry," Walker declared, his tone brimming with tender command.ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

Leah's head bobbed in agreement, her trembling hand reaching up to brush away the tears that stained her cheeks, "Okay."

ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩWith a smile that radiated warmth and confidence, Walker uttered, "l'll see when I get there. I love you."ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩﮩـ٨ﮩ

Leah's voice, barely audible, responded with equal affection, "I love you too."

As Walker's calling card vanished into the distance, leaving behind his contact details, Leah powered down her phone. A tremor of anticipation coursed through her as she exhaled a quivering sigh, patiently awaiting her boyfriend's arrival.

**********

With a sudden burst of anticipation, Walker pushed open the grand doors to the event hall, his eyes growing wide and his jaw dropping in awe.

Walker's request for his mom to drive him to the NAACP awards was met with immediate complaints when Leah was mentioned. Holding a small reusable bag in his hand, filled with the essential items his girlfriend required, he felt a sense of awe as he arrived at the event. He was slightly overwhelmed by the glitz and glamour of the occasion, still unsure how his mom managed to secure his entry. As he looked around at the famous faces surrounding him, he couldn't help but feel a rush of excitement knowing that he was now dating an NAACP award winner.