• • •

you were starting to get tired of walking.

"are we there yet?" [name] dragged her feet against the pavement. she didn't realize that the shrine was this far away! after a long day at work, anybody's energy level would be near zero. man, she really should've thought ahead for this.

"that's the third time you asked that!? in a span of five minutes too?? that's a new record," takemichi chuckled a bit. his face then returned to his usual determined look. the most important thing at the moment was saving hina and draken. he needed information.

[surname] was just a mysterious add-on. he best watch [surname] carefully--- he never recalled such a person. and yet... he knew about the meeting? he'd have to ask naoto about her once he gets back.

after what seemed like hours of walking to [name] (it was really only a fifteen minute walk), they arrived at the shrine steps. it was dark out, with only a few dim street lights by the shrine. one could see the dust particles flying in the air, along with the moths gathering around the buzzing white light.

"this is the right place, riiightt Hanagaki?" [name] looked up at the steep stairs, dreading to have to walk up them at some point. so, she simply plopped down to sit on a step, her head leaned back to face the dark sky. her eyes gently closed, eager to conserve her energy and to sleep.

the quiet was rudely interrupted by the roaring engine noises from a distance. a sea of motorcycle lights blinded the two as the sounds of engine cranking approached closer and closer. they stopped in front of the shrine, creating a mass of motorcycles and delinquents in biker jackets.

"y-yea," takemichi flinched. there were so many of 'em! and wearing biker jackets at this day and age?...

"OI, WHATCHA STARING AT, HUH? THIS IS A TOMAN MEETING SPOT!" a boy angrily yelled at the two.

[name] groaned at the noise; all she needed was to rest her eyes for a little bit more! just a little, if that's not too much to ask for! she groggily leaned her head upright and opened her eyes to see takemichi already being held at his shirt collar.

she got up from her resting spot to interfere with the situation, only for someone to beat her to it.

"hey, are you takemitchy?" a lilac-haired boy asked. he was wearing the standard toman uniform with a small black cross piercing on his left ear.

"y-yes," takemichi stuttered out, looking a tad worried but thankful at his savior.

after laying eyes this boy, [name] speed-walked over even faster. "hey, hey, hey, are you mitsuya takashi?"

"yep, that's me," mitsuya quickly dismissed the question and motioned for the boy (and the girl hopefully?) to come with him. "anyway, takemitchy; follow me."

"yo, takemitchy," mikey grinned with his dead black eyes. "sorry for the sudden invite."

takemichi lips were slightly parted as he looked at the teen, awestruck. they looked so cool like that in their motorcycle circle??

he shook his head a little to remind himself of the companion he brought along with him. "ano- mikey-kun, i brought someone with me-- if that's alright?" he gestured to the girl behind him, looking like she could collapse at any moment (out of tiredness and simpery).