3

In the hall of Marwar's grand palace, Rajmata Savitri Devi sat in her chamber, a room adorned with the finest silks and the air heavy with the scent of jasmine. Her gaze swept across the room, lingering on the intricate patterns of the marble floor, a testament to the grandeur of Marwar's legacy. Her mind, a fortress of strategies and secrets, was focused on the impending conversation. The king and queen, rulers of the realm, were due any moment, and the weight of her counsel could sway the tides of governance.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden hue through the latticed windows, the Rajmata adjusted the heavy gold bangles on her wrist, each clink a reminder of the dynasty's enduring strength. She was the matriarch, the silent architect of the kingdom's prosperity, and her words carried the force of history behind them.

The heavy doors to the chamber creaked open, and the king and queen entered, their presence commanding yet deferential to the Rajmata's authority. They approached her, their expressions a blend of reverence and curiosity, aware that her summons meant matters of great importance were at hand.

"Your Highness," began the King, entering the chamber with the Queen by his side, "you wished to speak with us?"

"Yes, my dear son," Rajmata began, her voice as smooth as the silk that draped the walls. "It is time we discuss the future of our beloved Meenakshi. I know the Royal ball is announced in order to search the groom for her but there is someone who has already caught my eyes for my dear granddaughter. I have observed the Crown Prince Vikramaditya; he is a fine young man, strong and just. We have heard about his tales of bravery. But he lacks the gentle touch, the compassion that Meenakshi embodies. I feel, together, they would bring balance to each other."

The King nodded thoughtfully, while the Queen's eyes lit up at the prospect. "Indeed, the union would be auspicious," the Queen agreed.

Rajmata Savitri Devi leaned back in her ornate chair, the candlelight flickering against the golden accents of her chamber. "However," she continued, her gaze turning solemn, "it is not merely the compatibility of their personalities that must be considered. We must also weigh the alliances and stability such a union would bring to our realm."

The King exchanged a knowing glance with his wife before addressing his mother. "You speak wisely, Rajmata. The political ramifications of this marriage cannot be overlooked. Vikramaditya's kingdom borders ours, and a union between him and Meenakshi would indeed strengthen our ties."

"That's it, then. On the night of the ball, we will make sure our Meenakshi catches the eyes of the future ruler of Kingdom of Mewar." Rajmata declared making the couple before her nod and leave the chambers.

As the night fell, the Rajmata's trusted maid, Kamala, approached her cautiously. "Majesty, may I ask why you believe the Princess to be a suitable match for Prince Vikramaditya?"

Rajmata Savitri Devi leaned in, a sly smile playing on her lips. "Oh, Kamala, sometimes we must weave a tale to shape reality. It is not Meenakshi I envision on the throne beside Vikramaditya, it's Trilokya."

Kamala's eyes widened in surprise at the revelation. "Trilokya, Majesty? Is she ready to come out of her hideout?"

"Even if she is not. She have to, Kamala." Rajmata said. "I know why Prince Vikramaditya is here. The man came from the war a few days ago and is here to attend a ball now. It's not because he is interested in Princess. It is the kingdom itself. My old eyes have seen a lot of things till now to know his motive, Kamala. Before Vikramaditya could attack us, we need to assassinate the king's family. It's time Trilokya claim what belongs to her."

Kamala's brow furrowed with concern as she processed the Rajmata's words. "But Majesty, Trilokya has been hidden away for so long. Will she be ready to step into such a crucial role, especially with such little preparation?"