Chapter 18 : Impending Doom

(A/N)
- To celebrate hitting 10k reads recently, I wrote THE LONGEST chapter I've ever done. To all of my readers, thank you for reading, voting, commenting, overall just supporting the story, it really means a lot. Even though the story sometimes take a while for me to update it, you guys still read the new chapter when I'm back, and I'm very grateful for that. Now, please, enjoy THE LONGEST chapter I've ever written
- smolsz <3

After a bit of explaining to (Y/N)'s parents, they settled their luggage in (Y/N)'s room, Ei and (Y/N) went back downstairs into the kitchen to sit at the dinner table to eat lunch that his parents prepared earlier. (Y/N) and Ei sat together and his parents did the same, his older sister, Fi, was seated at one of the ends of the table.

Fi: So, you're my lil bro's new girlfriend huh?

Fi said with a skeptical tone and look at Ei, her arms crossed.

Ei: Yup! And his future wife too~

Ei and (Y/N)'s parents chuckled while (Y/N) just blushed and ate his food quietly, feeling flustered. (Y/N)'s parents already saw Ei as family since they loved her so much when she introduced herself earlier, but, it's a different case for Fi.

Fi: Hey, don't get a head of yourself...

(Y/N)'s mom noticed Fi being rude to Ei, so she called her out.

Ai: Fi, dear, you're being rude to Ei...

Fi: Sorry, mom...

Ai sighed and then turned her attention back to Ei.

Ai: She's just a bit overprotective of her little brother, sweetie, don't mind it.

Ei: Oh, it's fine Mrs. Ai, I understand why.

Fi sighed, her cold look and tone melting.

Fi: Sorry, Ei, I just don't want my lil bro to get heartbroken again.

Ei giggled

Ei: It's fine, it really is, Fi.

Both of them gave a warm smile at each other before all of them started to eat their food. (Y/N)'s family asking about Ei and (Y/N) while eating.

Li: So, Ei, how did you and my son met?

Ei: Ah, well, first, we met at a bookstore at Inazuma when we accidentally bumped into each other. We were buying books during that so the books we're carrying fell and he helped me pick them up.

(Y/N): God, that was embarrassing...

(Y/N)'s mom giggled

Ai: Oh, it sounds like just how we met, dear~

Ai said, placing a hand on Li's shoulder before turning back her attention to Ei.

Ai: Has our son been treating you well, Ei?

Ei: Mhm, very well, maybe even too well~

Ai and Li chuckled

Ai: Ah, good, good, his mom didn't raise no bastard after all~

Ei: He definitely isn't, I'd say he's quite the gentleman to be honest~

Ei said before wrapping her arm around (Y/N) while he was eating. She leaned onto him, resting her chin on his shoulder while looking at him.

Ei: And also, quite the husband material too~

Ai and Fi couldn't help but chuckle, Li let out an amused mumble while he was eating.

Fi: Y'know, Ei, he loves being called like that. Like, "husband", "honey", "dear", "darling", anything really that married couples usually use~ You should call him like that sometimes just to tease him~