Chapter 6 : Ei's Chance

Ei: N-N-NINGGUANG!?!

Ei then froze while she was washing the dishes

(Y/N): Yup, her...you alright?

Ei snapped back to reality, she asks in a low and menacing tone. She looks upset.

Ei: Did you dated her?

(Y/N): Mhm...

Ei kept the same tone

Ei: Are you still with her now?

(Y/N): Nope, we broke up ages ago.

In Ei's head

Ei: GOD, YES! I WOULD'VE CRIED IF HE SAID OTHERWISE!

Back to reality

Ei now returned to her regular sweet tone now that she knows (Y/N) stopped dating Ningguang.

Ei: Can I ask why the both of you broke up?

(Y/N): Well, we're highschool sweethearts but when we graduated I studied at a college at Sumeru and she studied at Liyue. I couldn't go back to Liyue because it was too far and I was still studying at that time, so I was basically stuck at Sumeru, our relationship deteriorated and the rest is history.

Ei stayed quiet for a bit thinking of what you just told her, then she finally responded.

Ei: Sorry if I sound insensitive but isn't that reason a bit...dumb? You guys broke up just because you can't see each other for a long time?

(Y/N): It IS stupid a reason. I guess we were still just too young and stupid at that point and didn't really thought about it.

Ei then sighed

Ei: Atleast you're single now...

(Y/N): What do you mean by that?

Ei noticed that she just blurted out what she said, she tried to deny it

Ei: Nothing! Forget it!

They then continued on washing the dishes together while chatting. When they eventually finished, they dried the dishes and put it away. It's now the afternoon.

(Y/N): Hey, I was thinking...

Ei: Hm? What is it?

(Y/N): We still have time for today and I was thinking if you wanna go outside with me and show me around Inazuma for a bit.

In Ei's head

Ei: OH MY GOD, IS HE ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE?!

In (Y/N)'s head

(Y/N): That was just an excuse so I can take her on a date. God, I hope Thoma's made up excuse works...

Back to reality

Ei: Oh, of course! I'd love to spend more time with you!

Ei then gave him a smile after.

(Y/N): Oh, alright then...

(Y/N) started to blush, he couldn't help it.

Ei giggled at how cute (Y/N) is when he blushes.

Ei: To be honest, you're cute when you're blushing y'know?

Both of them suddenly realized that Ei just called (Y/N) cute.

Both in their heads

Ei: WAIT! I JUST CALLED HIM CUTE!

(Y/N): DID SHE JUST CALLED ME CUTE?!

Back to reality

Both of them are now practically blushing like a tomato. (Y/N) took notice and found her blushing cute too, he then returned the compliment.

(Y/N): Uhm, thanks... You're cute too when you're blushing... But to be honest, you're cute in general anyway...

Ei: Really?... You mean it?

(Y/N): Yeah...

Silence then fills the room, both of them are still blushing like crazy. Ei then broke the silence after a while.

Ei: Thanks... I appreciate it...

Silence again fills the room but Ei quickly broke it again.

Ei: Uhm... I-I-I.....

(Y/N) took notice of Ei stuttering, he noticed that she's trying to say something.

(Y/N): Take your time, Ei.

Ei just sighed in defeat.

Ei: Actually, just nevermind it...

Ei thought for a bit if she should confess already or not. She kept debating if it's a good time and if she should even confess right now but in the middle of her thought process, (Y/N) interrupted.

(Y/N): Alright then... I'll just grab something from my room for a bit and then we'll head out, sounds good?

Ei: Yeah, sure, take your time...

Ei forced out a smile out of her blushing face, she still can't get over (Y/N)'s compliment from earlier. (Y/N) then headed out of the kitchen then to his room to grab something he needs. When Ei was left alone, she said to herself.

Ei: Damn it... I should've confessed already... That was the perfect time to do it...

(A/N)
- should i add some lemon/nsfw stuff in the future? Lmk if you guys want to
-smolsz <3