Disaster

A minute later, the door opened and Erina was caught completely off guard as Charles walked in.

He slammed the door a bit too hard, like an angry child.

He then took off his hat and threw it to the other side of the room.

Erina sat there, frozen. Does he not know someone's in here? She felt she should say something.

He then turned to the thermostat and stared at it for a few moments before decreasing the temperature to 18C. He then stood their staring at it for a few more seconds.

Erina's heart beat faster. She thought he saw her in its reflection, but he just ran his hands through his hair and continued in whatever he was doing, not realizing someone was just sitting behind him.

Erina hadn't said a word and wasn't planning to because of the shock at him not realizing he wasn't alone. She wanted to know how long it would take for him to realize.

But she changed her mind when he was about to take his shirt off. Halfway through, Erina got up and shouted 'WAIT, WAIT STOP'

Charles put his shirt how it was 2 seconds ago, and did a slow turn like a person in a horror movie.

The moment he saw her, he flinched and shouted 'OH MIO MALEDETTO DIO!'

Erina put her hands in the air, her palms facing him, like how a Red Panda defends itself.

They stood there for a couple of seconds, both of them staring at each other.

'How could you not realize someone was here!' Erina shouted at him.

'How would I know someone was in here' he shouted back after a few seconds, like it was a valid response.

'By looking around the room?!'

'You should have said something'

That was true, Erina thought.

'Well, what are you here for' he brushed the incident away a bit too comfortably and picked up a towel.

'For?' She watched him ruffle his hair with the towel.

He stopped, the towel still in his hair. 'You're from the PR team right?' he said worriedly.

'... Yes-' Charles looked at her suspiciously. 'I'm from the PR team, of course'

He continued drying his hair. 'Listen, I'm already in a shit mood today. I'm done with the media. Done with this damn team' he said, his voice muffled.

She didn't know how to continue the conversation and give him his driving license. Good thing Charles continued it, but Erina would have preferred not.

'I've never seen you before' he took the towel off his head and stared at her.

Erina felt quite uncomfortable with his eyes on her and felt her legs shake. 'C-cause I'm new' she stuttered.

'You look familiar though.' He took a few steps towards her.

'D-do I?' she had to put an arm towards the table nearby to support her.

Charles looked at her hand. Then at her. Then back at the hand. His eyes enlarged when he realized. He looked back at her again and walked closer.

'Your hand' he said.

SHIT, Erina thought. He took her hand in his and inspected it.

Erina stood their dumbfounded, just as she was a week ago.