Feeling like Tifosi

It was the night before the sneak. Erina was still up, though the time was a quarter till eleven. She had watched the qualification for tomorrow's race.

She never considered herself as a tifosi, but she sure felt like one that night. She kept fidgeting in her bed, scared if tomorrow doesn't go up to plan. If they did get caught, she would look like an actual fool.

She imagined herself in prison. She was holding the phone, apologizing to her family from the other side of the glass plane dividing them. Her parents would be disappointed in her. Adama would be snickering, and Daniel would be confused. They would all wonder why she did it, not knowing cause it was for some stupid guy.

She was starting to doubt the plan. She could of course just message Daniel to tell Charles that his sister got ahold of his driving license. But Erina wanted to do this herself. Even if it meant committing a crime.

Maybe it wasn't even about Charles. This was about her proving that she didn't need her brother to survive. About her proving she's independent.

She got up and let out an exasperated sigh. She made her way into the kitchen and made herself a very delicious looking glass of water. She took a sip at the balcony, her arms resting on the railings.

The streets of Monaco were crowded, and looking at all the cars, Erina wondered if the Monegasque driver was in one of them. Has he realized his driver license is missing? Probably not. When driving cars is your job, you start to not care about your license.

She hoped no casualties would occur tomorrow. With her brother racing, Erina slowly got used to the feeling of dread whenever it was race day. Still, she couldn't help but fear whenever she looked at the news after race days this year, as she hadn't attended a single one. Except tomorrow.

There was some commotion happening at the streets in view. She couldn't tell what happened, but she could tell it was interesting...

Before she knew it, the suns rays hit her face through the cloudy sky. The glowing orb was resurfacing from its nightly slumber and Erina realized that it was already race day.

She had gotten about half an hour of sleep, and that was on the chair on her balcony when the drama outside got boring. But she was woken up by the siren of the police, and after that she could not afford to miss out what was happening.

Natalie rang her at 8 o'clock sharp. Erina picked up, half asleep and wasn't listening as Natalie said a brief summary on the whole plan.

'Yes yes, goodbye then' Erina rushed as Natalie finished her tidings.

Erina minded her business, going on her usual routine for a weekend. But she kept an uneasy eye at the clock. And as the minute hand hovered over 12, and the hour over 11, she knew it was time.