stay calm kiddo

Following their lap for the fans, most of the girls headed straight into the showers as soon as they reached the changing rooms. Having played the 90 minutes for the majority of them, they all were desperate for a warm shower and to get out of their sweaty kit.

Due to being at Meadow Park though, and not the Emirates, they were limited on the amount of showers there were, having to rotate who could go in when. With already the showers being at max capacity, Leah waited outside of them in the changing rooms for a little while longer. She didn't mind; she didn't play the full ninety. She also appreciated being able to stay with Jess a little while longer. 

Since getting into the changing rooms, her sister hadn't said a word. She hadn't made any movement either, sat upright in Leah's locker, leaning ever so slightly onto the side of it, almost staring into space. Assuming it was simply her zoned out, which happened more often than she'd like to admit, Leah left her to her own devices, suspecting it to be down to her maybe feeling overly tired. 

It didn't mean she was willing to take her eyes off her sister though. She couldn't help the uneasy feeling in her, almost uncertainty growing in her, despite having nothing to alert her to thinking otherwise. It was almost as if something was inside her, telling her to move closer to Jess, feeling a swarm of anxiety washing over her like a tidal wave.

She could no longer battle it off, standing from where she was a few metres away from her younger sister to move closer.

And she was incredibly grateful she did.

 Just as she stood up from where she was, time slowed in the changing rooms, Jess' eyes rolling to the back of her head, her body falling limp. Leah became frozen for a matter of milliseconds, Jess' body beginning to fall forwards being thing to spark her back to life, throwing herself forwards to catch her body and head before she hit the floor.

She lowered the small girl to the floor slowly, quickly sitting herself beside her to rest her head in her lap, keeping it elevated like she had been reminded for what to do when her sister had a seizure. She was quickly running through all the protocol she had been given, turning her sister onto her side whilst keeping her head up.

It broke her heart to watch her sister, being unable to stop it. Her small body was jerking about, her limbs almost loose so that there was no control over it, biting her lips as an onset of blood came up to them, due to the loss of control of all her muscles. Leah ensured to keep a close eye on her chest, registering the up and down movement, her main concern focusing on keeping her sisters airway clear.

Kneeling her head down, she began to whisper soft sayings into Jess' ear, remembering how at the hospital the calming words of her voice was one of the things to help her younger sister. Just as she opened her mouth though, a collective gasp came as most of the girls began to filter back into the changing rooms from their shower, all of them distraught at the seizing body of the small girl.

"She's alright girls, she's okay. Can one of you just grab the black bag over there for me please?"

Lia didn't hesitate to rush, grabbing the back to place beside Leah, ensuring to take out the rescue meds so that everything was ready in case. The defender took a note of ensuring to thank her girlfriend for that later, keeping her entire focus on her younger sister at that moment of time.

She could just about make out Beth and Viv in the background reassuring the girls, the two of them having been prepared for that after Jess stayed round their house the other week. Again, she made a note of thanking the couple later, both their reassuring words for the girls also helping Leah, who was still keeping her sister on her side.

One of the main things she was told by the professionals was to not hold her sisters body, or to try and stop her seizing movements. Instead, she had to keep her head elevated, and if possible, her body on her side. She also had to clear any objects from the surroundings, and make sure her airways were all clear. It was like a mental tick list, that Leah kept making her way through continuously, uncertain on whether it was to reassure herself more or Jess.