Eileen Evans
6 months later

MONDAY

Today is the day.

Today is the day, I'll be considered a professional dancer again

Today is the day I meet the person I'm gonna work with for a maximum of 10 weeks.

It could be more, it could be less. But for my first season, I really hope it's not gonna be the latter. I'm really scared to be on TV but I also know it could be a great opportunity for my career.

I've seen the extent to which Willow's career has grown since she's been on the show. At the end of each season, she receives dozens and dozens of calls a week from dance companies asking her to join them or just to make a small appearance to help some of the dancers. Even if she turns them down three-quarters of the time, the joy on her face after a call never stops. It's everything she's ever wanted: to be recognised nationally - and not just by dancers - and that's what she's achieved by having the courage to leave.

I'm really proud of her but I have a hard time telling myself that soon, it may be my fate.

I'm not as eccentric as she is. Between us, I'm the quiet one. I let the others shine, putting myself in the shade until I need to be in front. I hate having my photo taken when the camera loves her. I hate being the centre of attention until I step foot on a dance floor, but even then, if I can hide or be behind someone, I'll happily do it. Which makes the thing tricky because there, I can't hide. Cameras are everywhere, interviews will be done and on Friday night, it will be broadcast live. Also, because there will only be two of us, my partners and I.

I think I'm going to vomit.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes focusing on what touches my body to regain composure. One thing at a time, I tell myself as I open my eyes again and fix my ceiling.

I grab my phone and see that if I don't get out of bed now, I'm gonna be late. I slowly peel the cover off my body just in time to hear my front door being open followed by a voice that I know all too well

"I've brought breakfast, so get out of bed and get ready" she yells. I put on my slippers, drink a bit of water from my bottle and join her. She's sitting on the couch with what I think are beagles and smoothies. I rub my eyes and suppress a yawn as I sit next to her.

"I bought your favourites," she smiles and starts eating. I thank her and grab the smoothies first, "I know you don't eat lunch when you're dancing so I bought food that'll keep you going"

I hum as I take a sip from my smoothie before putting it back on the table, "Thank you"

I don't think she'll ever know how grateful I am to have her in my life. Since I started dancing at the age of 6, it was the only thing I was doing all day from waking up to going to sleep. Soon, I understood that I couldn't dance on a full stomach or that I couldn't eat certain foods if I wanted to avoid throwing up. It's the reason the only thing I was eating was breakfast and a collation around 4 PM before having dinner after finishing my training.

When I started dating Charles, he didn't like my lifestyle and let me know it all too often. I was so tired of hearing it that I was slowly eating lunch until I had a full meal. But as soon as I finished, I wasn't feeling well. In dance, and especially there, nobody likes to hear people complaining, so more than once I'd contain myself and push myself to keep going when I was on the verge of calling it a day. It wasn't the best experience I've had in my life, but at least it toughened me up and proved to me that I could go beyond what my body would have me believe.

But he was no longer in my life. Instead, I had someone who knew me and who didn't force me to change who I was to fit in with the standards imposed on me. I blink several times to stop the tears in my eyes from escaping. I smile to myself and we continue eating in silence.