Nine- Phoenix

Taking Harper by the hand, I led her away from the chaotic party, my focus solely on her. The vibrant red of her dress barely covered her, its backless design teasingly exposing her skin. But I pushed aside any thoughts of desire, my only concern being her well-being in this moment of vulnerability.

Guiding her into the dimly lit room, I helped her settle onto the bed, her drunken state evident in every stumble and sway. She looked up at me, her eyes clouded with confusion and a hint of longing, and for a moment, my heart clenched at the sight of her vulnerability.

As she lay there, I took a seat on the nearby couch, keeping a watchful eye on her. She needed someone to anchor her in this storm of intoxication, and I was determined to be that steady presence for her.

"Harper," I murmured softly, my voice a gentle reassurance in the midst of her turmoil. "Are you feeling alright?"

She nodded weakly, her words slurred as she tried to speak. "I'm okay," she insisted, though her unsteady movements betrayed her words.

Reaching for a glass of water on the nearby nightstand, I offered it to her, my hand steady as I guided it to her lips. But instead of taking it, she pushed me away, her movements clumsy and uncertain.

"I can do it myself," she muttered stubbornly, attempting to sit up and failing miserably.

Seeing her struggle, I gently pushed her back onto the bed, my touch firm yet gentle. "Let me help you," I urged, my voice soft but insistent.

Reluctantly, she acquiesced, allowing me to hold the glass to her lips as she took small sips of water. The tension between us was palpable, the air thick with unspoken words and desires.

And then, as if on instinct, she reached out and pulled me towards her, her movements slow and deliberate. I found myself sinking into the couch beside her, her weight pressing against me as she nestled into my lap.

Her fingers traced along my chest, sending a jolt of arousal coursing through me. But before I could give in to the temptation, I remembered her previous rejection and gently but firmly removed her hands.

"Why do you do this to me? You really like Malica, don't you?" she blurted out, her voice tinged with hurt and accusation.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration. "No, Harper, it's not like that," I insisted, my voice pleading for her to understand. "I was trying to explain myself, but you kicked me out. You said things that hurt me."

Tears welled up in her eyes, her lower lip trembling as she struggled to hold back her emotions. "I'm sorry," she whispered, her voice barely audible amidst the chaos of the room.

I didn't know what to do. Seeing her like this, so vulnerable and broken, tore at my heart. "Alright, can you stop crying?" I asked, my tone gentle but firm.

She shook her head, her tears flowing freely now. "No," she replied, her voice choked with emotion.

"Then what do you want me to do?" I pressed, feeling utterly helpless in the face of her pain. "Do you want ice cream? Water? Pizza?"

She looked up at me, her eyes searching mine for something, anything, to hold on to. "I just want you," she whispered, her voice barely a whisper against the tumultuous backdrop of the party.

Her words hung in the air between us, heavy with longing and uncertainty. I couldn't help but smile, despite the gravity of the situation. "Alright, precisely tell me, what do you want?" I asked, trying to maintain a sense of composure amidst the chaos.

Her gaze hardened, determination flickering behind the veil of tears that threatened to spill over. "I need you to kiss me," she said, her voice wavering with a mix of desperation and desire. "And perhaps... just get out of this," she added, gesturing towards my chest with a trembling hand.