School

It's been a week since I discovered Roman's secret life. Things have been good between us. We have both been recovering from our wounds. During that time we were able to reconnect a lot.

Roman told me about all the missions, or whatever he calls them, that he went on. Honestly, the more he told me the more I was worried, but he assured me that he was okay and he could handle it. I wasn't convinced, but there was nothing I could do anyways. He was going to keep going out, so I'm trying my best to be supportive.

I was getting ready to go back to school. I didn't want to go back. It was weird because it felt dumb to be there when these people were after Roman. There were bigger things to worry about, but I know that I still need to get my diploma. I only have a little time left in my senior year, so I just need to stick it out.

I was still afraid of seeing Ryan too. He'll probably beat my ass when he sees me for what Ryan did to his face. I'm just going to try and avoid him the best I can.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the kitchen to grab a granola bar. After I got my food, I headed out the front doors to Roman's car. He was already sitting in the drivers seat when I got in.

"Good morning sunshine. You look happy this morning.", he said to me.

"Oh shut up. Just drive.", I grumbled back.

"Yes your majesty.", he replied.

I glared at him before fiddling with the radio to play some music. I desperately needed it to wake me up. The further Roman drove from home, the more anxious I could feel myself becoming. What if Ryan comes after me again? I know I should tell Roman if he does, but I'm afraid he'll make me regret that decision. I don't care, I'll tell Roman no matter what happens. No more secrets between us.

As he pulled into his parking spot, my whole body was shaking from nerves. It was starting to feel real. I really wasn't ready to face him, but I knew I needed to. I can't avoid him forever.

"Hey, if something happens, you call me immediately.", Roman said.

"I know, I know I'm just nervous."

He pulled me into his embrace and rubbed soothing circles on my back. "It's going to be alright. I promise. If he touches you, I'll beat him so close to death he'll be begging."

I looked at him funnily. "Okay there's no need for that. Just a warning would be fine."

He laughed and said, "Alright but no promises if he hurts you."

I glared at him and reached for the door handle to get out of the car, but he suddenly pulled me back into his embrace. We sat there for a minute just hugging one another. We both needed this hug. After a while, I could feel a soft touch on the top of my head. It almost felt like.....a kiss. No. There's no way he kissed my head, I'm just thinking too much.

I pulled myself out of his arms and stared at him. His eyes were full of warmth and love as he stared back at me. I was starting to feel funny, like there were butterflies in my stomach. I chose to ignore these feeling and turned to get out of the car with Roman doing the same.

We headed inside the school building. I walked to my first period with Roman behind me. When we reached the classroom, I turned to look at him. I could tell that he could see my nervousness. Hell, it was practically radiating off of me.

"I love you. Have fun in class.", I told him.

He smiled lovingly at me. "I love you too. Don't forget to call me if anything happens."

"I won't.", I replied.

And with that he left. I watched him walk down the hallway for a while until I couldn't see him anymore. I took a couple of deep breaths before turning around and entering the classroom.

Ryan was sitting in his seat on his phone. He didn't look up at me when I walked to my desk. I was surprised, but honestly thankful he chose to ignore my existence.

Thing went smoothly the whole class. It was a little suspicious, but I was just glad I didn't get beaten. I walked to second period, calculus, excited to tell Roman that my ass was safe. When I got there, he was already sitting in our usual spot and I practically sprinted over to him.

"Look! I'm safe.", I said to him while posing weirdly.

"You're so weird.", he said while laughing.

I laughed with him while sitting down in the empty spot next to him. Class still had a few more minutes before it started, so we talked about different things for a while.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Some of the guys on the football team are throwing a party tonight. I don't really want to go, but they're basically forcing me to come. Do you want to come with me?", he asked.

I didn't really want to go because I hate parties. They are way too loud, but I knew he probably wouldn't go if I wasn't there. I didn't want his football buddies to get mad at him.

"Sure, I'll go. What time does it start?"

"I think around 11.", he said.

"Shit. I'll have to sneak out of the house because there is no way in hell that my mom will let me go.", I replied.

"Well you shouldn't have any problems with that considering you snuck out to follow me.", he said while laughing.

I glared at him. I was about to say something snarky in return, but our teacher began class. He looked at me and laughed while I continued to glare.

I wasn't really excited for this party. I would much rather stay at home in my bed, preferably with Roman there so I could steal his warmth. I knew that wouldn't happen, but it's fine. Roman does a lot for me, so it's the least I could do for him. I just hope nobody tries to give me alcohol.

My mom told me that alcoholism ran in our family when I was a kid. Ever since she told me that, I've had the irrational fear that if take one sip, I'll become addicted. I know it's normal for teenagers to drink, but I avoid it like it's the plague. I'll just have to wait and see what happens, but you can count on me drinking a capri sun over tequila.