Relax

best friend's dad harry x reader

Summary: Fae asks you something that you aren't prepared to answer. You and Harry discuss what to do next.

Word Count: 4.9k

Warning: 18+ only, smut, lying, cheating, age gap, angst

. . .

"It's like pulling teeth to get any info from you about this mystery man. You can't even tell me what his name is?" Fae was sitting across from you at the little café you both loved. You had a coffee and bagel and she was drinking her matcha. You hated the conversation. Hated that she was so observant. Hated lying to her.

"I just don't think it's worth mentioning. It's... not serious." That was especially hard to say. Because it was serious. You were in love and Harry was already making plans to talk to his wife. You were both so serious, in fact, you were willing to sabotage your relationship with Fae. Harry knew it wouldn't go over well but he didn't want to not be with you. And it was the same for you. Even if Fae was mad at you and never talked to you again, you couldn't see yourself ending it with Harry just to keep your relationship with Fae.

At the beginning, of course, that was always the plan. That what you and Harry were doing was short term and Fae was more important to you than he was. You'd end your little thing with Harry and both go your separate ways to never speak of the bad thing you'd done together. No one would be the wiser.

Except it never stopped. You never ended it and Harry wanted more of you. But when he told you he'd fallen in love with you and admitted to not wanting to touch his wife again...

"Tell me his name. Come on. I need to know how to address this rich mystery man. You've been seeing him for a while too. And I know you're more serious about him than you're letting on."

You sighed and looked your friend in the eye and made up a name, "Henry." God, you were the worst liar. Couldn't even come up with a name that wasn't similar to Harry's.

Fae squinted at you and sipped her matcha. She kept her eyes on you as she placed the mug down and nodded, "Henry. Interesting." She sighed and closed her eyes and then looked back at you, "I need to ask you something and I need you to be honest with me. I... some information has come to light and... I hate to accuse you but you are being shady about all this kind of and..."

You swallowed thickly as you listened to Fae bumble about what she needed to ask you. You felt your heart pounding in your chest and braced yourself for the direct hit.

"He's older? Right? Like... your dad's age."

You blinked and tried to steady your hands around your mug as you nodded.

"Okay. And he's married?"

You let out a breath and pinched your brows together, "What? Why would you say that?"

"His name's not actually Henry is it?"

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck...

You thought you might pass out. You thought you might fall to the floor and crack your head open and that would be a good thing. To avoid this question. You knew what was coming next. This wasn't good and you were cornered. You wouldn't be able to lie to her anymore if she called you out for seeing her dad. Which you knew was just about to happen.

"Fae! Y/n! Hey, it's crazy to see you two here!" Saved by the fucking bell. The bell being an old friend you and Fae used to hang out with. Beverly. She had moved away a few years ago.

She pulled up a seat and sat down with you as Fae gave you a look that told you the conversation wasn't over. She was going to extract the information from you sooner or later. But you knew that would happen anyway. You and Harry were gearing up to tell everyone. You just hadn't imagined it being this way.