Desperate

Note: Can be read as standalone

best friend's dad!harry x reader - forbidden relationship

Summary: You're invited to the Styles' house for a little get-together but surely nothing will happen with a house full of people and Harry's wife nearby.

Word Count: 3,620

Warning: 18+ only, smut, cheating, lying, age gap

...

You had been trying to avoid going to the Styles' home. Fae lived in her own apartment so it wasn't like you needed to visit her family's home very frequently. When you were younger and in college you would often go over for dinner with Fae or she'd go to your family's house. But it wasn't necessary anymore. Except that Mrs. Styles was throwing a small party for close friends and family to celebrate Harry being promoted to partner at his company. A big deal really. Fae told you that her mom and dad wanted you there.

And now that you and Mr. Styles had a secret little thing going on it was even more awkward to imagine what that would be like. And certainly, you wouldn't do anything with him with all those people around, but still. You'd have to really be using your poker face. Which had been hard to do before you'd even gotten a taste of Mr. Styles. Now that you knew what he was like, how good he was, how hot and dirty he could be... you were in for a long night.

You decided on wearing a panty liner because, well, you figured for practical purposes. Getting your panties wet and having anything show through your clothes wasn't going to be a good look. You didn't expect that you'd really need it but you also knew how weak you got from just a mere glance. If he so much as hugged you too long or spoke to you with that deep sultry voice. If he grinned too wide with those dimples showcased... He pretty much just had you ruined. So yeah. Practical purposes. Just in case.

Fae picked you up as was planned. The ride to The Styles' house was nearly a half hour.

"Are you okay?" Fae kept her eyes on the road. She was picking up on something with you. She just didn't know what.

"Yeah. Of course. Why?"

"You're quiet. Honestly, it feels like when you and I first met in junior high and how shy you were around me at first. Like you were so nervous," Fae laughed as she glanced at you quickly.

You tried to calm yourself before she arrived. You meditated, drank chamomile tea, and then took a bite of dried ginger to calm your tummy. You did a little bit of relaxing yoga and listened to calming ambient music. And you felt like it helped.

But the moment your phone chimed with a text from Harry your heart rate increased and you began to sweat. All that hard work to calm yourself down the drain. He only asked you if you were still coming and then said he was looking forward to seeing you. That was it. There was nothing risqué or suggestive in his messages. And that was why wearing a panty liner felt necessary. He did that to you without even needing to try.

You laughed at your friend's comment and shook your head, "No, I'm fine. Just tired. Was a long night last night at the restaurant. Barely made it home by midnight." Not entirely a lie.

And that seemed to be an acceptable answer. At least Fae didn't pry about your odd behavior again that evening.

Harry's brother and his wife were there. Mrs. Styles' parents and her cousin and her husband. A neighbor friend from down the street. You and Fae. That was it. Not many people.

There were drinks and a nice little dinner with dessert. Some music. Everyone sat outside and chatted and it was nice. It really was. But you were wound up and trying to will yourself to stop looking at the man of the hour. Every time your gaze found his it sent chills down your spine and you felt your face and neck grow warm.