The Big Tease | bfd!harry

*photo is for t-shirt placement visual only. please picture who you like as reader.

best friend's dad!harry x reader - forbidden relationship au

Summary: - Harry comes to your place to make sure you're taking care of yourself and you find that as hard as you try to tease him, he's not giving in to you and then some high emotions are exposed.

Word Count: 7.8k words

Warning: 18+ only, NSFW, smut, angst, age gap, cheating

. . . 

You tried not to feel guilty about what you were doing with a married man. Your best friend's dad. It was hard when it came to keeping it a secret from everyone. Keeping it a secret from Fae.

"Where'd you get this?" Fae brushed her fingers over the pretty little bracelet Mr. Styles gave you a few nights before. It was gold with three round light-colored opals in the center and two round-cut tiny diamonds on either side. It was dainty and sweet and you knew it was expensive after googling the brand and finding the exact item available online and in high-end shops nearby.

"Ahh... my mom and dad got it for me a while ago. Just haven't worn it in a long time. Forgot it about," you lied with a shrug. Lying to her made you nauseous.

"Really? How could you forget about this? It's gorgeous! Looks really pretty on you too," she complimented and you frowned as you looked down at it.

You hated lying to your best friend. But what could you do? You certainly wouldn't admit to your affair with her father. And of course, you weren't quite feeling guilty enough to put an end to it either. Mr. Styles was the best you'd ever had and you were completely smitten with him.

When you two finally made it back to your apartment after shopping and eating and stopping at the ice cream shop for a treat you'd also forgotten all the lovely flowers you had sitting around your living room and kitchen.

It had also become a thing where you'd get the most exquisite bouquets delivered to you every Monday morning. Peonies, roses, phalaenopsis orchids, and gardenias all stuffed with hardly any filler. You knew the bouquets he was sending you were hundreds of dollars a pop. But they were breathtaking.

You quickly assessed in your mind whether or not you'd removed the cards from them which would have given everything away should Fae see. Unlocking your door and letting yourself in first you quickly glanced around and the freshest bouquet clearly still had its card poking out of it. You made a beeline across the room as Fae closed your door behind her and plucked the tiny card out, crumpling it in your hand, and then bent down next to the table to pretend you were doing something else.

"Those are so pretty, Y/n. Oh my god. Do you have a flower service or something?"

You had three bouquets placed around your living room. One was clearly old and some of the flowers were drooping, losing their vibrant colors, while the newer ones were full of soft pinks and purples, crisp white and cream...

"Yes. I decided to start treating myself to nice flowers every week." You smiled. Another lie. You couldn't afford a weekly delivery of these kinds of flowers and if Fae bothered to research how expensive bouquets like this were she'd have questioned you further. But luckily she didn't.

The bracelet, the flowers, your glow... all things she noticed, could have been an indicator of a lover but as far as you could tell she hadn't connected the dots. Or at least she didn't voice it to you.

Of course, everything could be explained. But she was your best friend. If you weren't more vigilant, she'd be catching on soon, you were sure.

. . .