44. You're Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

As we walked outside down the footpath, I looked up at the sky. It looked like a watercolor painting, warm with pinks and purples as dusk was creeping up at any moment. There was a gentle breeze and the air felt perfect on this comfortable summer night . The only stipulation I had was an outdoor wedding, and this worked out perfect in our favor.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck."
I whispered as I walked with Angela and she stifled her laughter feeling bad that I was so nervous.

"Angela...what if I trip? In front of everyone?"

"Oh my god," she giggled and comforted me squeezing her hand in mine. "You're not gonna trip. I promise you. Everything is going to be fine." I nodded and took a deep breath as we finally came around the corner to the aisle. My mouth dropped as I saw the beautiful display of what was all by Noah's doing.

The night sky was almost quite literally twinkling and the butterflies in my stomach were awakened when I took in the beautiful view before me. We were in a hidden garden, with the calming sound of a babbling brook close by. It seemed like it was a scene out of a movie. The trees that surrounded us had soft, glimmering lights flickering amongst the leaves. The dim radiance casted a warm, faint glow on our guests. I was expecting a very small wedding, but between the guys, and their girlfriends, and some other friends of ours that Noah invited, there were roughly fifty people there. We were surrounded by a sea of freshly bloomed flowers, made up of mostly roses and tulips.

The white chairs for the guests were divided down the middle by the main aisle, adorned with rose petals scattered all the way down to the end where Noah stood waiting for me. He was standing under a rustic wooden arch that was embellished white fabric and soft lights.

My eyes welled up with tears, seeing all our guests rise up out of their seats and I melted seeing Noah at the end of the aisle looking more handsome than I could have ever pictured. He was in a traditional, black satin tuxedo and I melted, not able to recall one time where I saw him this dressed up. He cut his hair again, his shirt bangs swept perfectly across his forehead and his face was radiant with cheerfulness despite his emotional, watery eyes. It made me extra emotional seeing him cover his mouth once he saw me, making me feel even more beautiful. The guests stood up out of their chairs once they saw me approach the aisle and the string quartet that Noah recruited for the night began to play. I recognized the tune as "My Guardian Angel" by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, an oldie but goodie and one of our songs.

I tried my best to hold back my happy tears as I began to walk down the aisle, my heart thumping hard in my chest. I glanced around at the familiar faces of our closest friends feeling so thankful that we had so many people that loved us. As I got closer to Noah, his emotional eyes were shining with contentedness and his smile warmed my heart. I wondered to myself if I could kiss him already. My tattooed groom looked absolutely perfect and all I wanted to do was jump into his arms. Noah took my hand, and I heard some of our loved ones behind me melt with "awe's" as he kissed the top of my hand gently. I smiled and nervously reached up to wipe a tear from his cheek.

"You look so beautiful, Eve." He whispered and my cheeks got hot with timidity.

"You're so handsome, Noah." I cooed and we turned to each other after I handed off my bouquet to a crying Angela. Noah held my hand in his at we stared each other, encapsulated in our own dome of infatuation. Our officiant began to speak, pulling me back out of my daydreams and into reality.

"Welcome, loved ones! We are gathered here today to celebrate the love of Eve and Noah! We are all here to support this commitment as they choose to spend the rest of their lives together."

We heard Folio yell "WOO" from somewhere behind us. I couldn't help but to stifle my laughter hearing a few small snickers and Noah smiled and shook his head a bit, not surprised at Folio's small outburst. The officiant continued.