Chapter Six: Park and Aftermath

Chapter Six:

Park and Aftermath

The park was quiet when we arrived there about twenty-five minutes later.

We let Anthony run over to the children's climbing frame and slide, while we walked over to a bench close by and I sat down, putting Rowan's car seat on the table behind us. I took Kyle's crutches off of him and laid them down on the table behind the car seat, as he sat down next to me.

There weren't many people in the park, just a few people were dotted around walking down the path and some of their children ran over to join Anthony around the climbing frame, and no one even looked our way.

Played with the other children until it was around two o'clock, when he came over to us and signed to us that he was hungry and wanted a drink, so I passed him his flask of squash and then was about to take Anthony over to shop that was across the road from the park, but just as we started to walked away from Kyle and Rowan, I saw a man with a camera pretending to take pictures of the park, but I knew different, because I saw him aim his camera at us and take pictures.

"Kyle, we need to go." I said in a hushed voice, so that the man wouldn't hear me, as I took the flask off Anthony and put it back into the bag.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"They're here, we need to leave right now."

Kyle looked around us in alarm, and then grabbed the baby bag and throwing it over his shoulders, before grabbing his crutches and standing up. I signed to Anthony that we were going home to have lunch now, and then had him hold my injured hand and then picked up Rowan with my other hand.

We tried to make our way out of the park, as discreetly as possible, but that wasn't possible because just as we walked out of the park gates, two news vans pulled up onto the pavement and one woman and two men jumped out of the vans with camera's and started to speed towards us.

I pulled Anthony to keep up with me and Kyle tried to go as fast as he could, while on his crutches. I could hear more people behind us, not all of them reporter, but they were all following us. We rounded a corner and an almost translucent boy around eighteen appeared in front of us, which caused me to slow down.

"Go through there," he pointed to an alley way a few feet in front of us, on the opposite side of the road, "Quickly, they won't know." He finished before disappearing.

I hesitated for a second, before the sounds of shouting became too loud, before heading towards the other side of the road, just as the alley way came into view, "This way"

"Wait, ho-" Kyle started, but I cut him off.

"Just follow me, I'll explain later."

We all quickly ran across the road and into the alley way. When we got the other side of the alley way, I noticed that we were down the road and around the corner from our house. I couldn't hear any sounds anymore, so we were able to walk calmly down the road, but we were still looking behind us to see if anyone was there.

We arrived home ten minutes later, with a fussy Rowan and a hungry and tired Anthony. Kyle sat with the children into the living room, while I made up a bottle for Rowan and made a ham sandwich for Anthony.

While they were both eating, I made Kyle and myself chicken sandwiches, and I ate mine while Kyle finished feeding Rowan, and then I took Rowan off him to burp her while he ate.

"So how did you know about the short cut?" Kyle asked while we did the dishes as the children napped, "I didn't even know about it, and I know a few."

"A boy appeared while we were running, and told me where it was."

"Oh, okay."

We finished the dishes in silence, we didn't really talk about my gift, and then went to relax in front of the TV before Anthony and Rowan woke up.

"We need to talk to your agent." I started after about half an hour of cwtching on the sofa.

"Why?" Kyle asked and then kissed me on the forehead.

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I started to explain, "It's just that all of this is getting to be too much for me."

Kyle turned me to face him, and then wrapped his arms around me.

"It'll get better." He whispered into my neck.

"But what if it doesn't?"

Kyle pulled back, "It will."

"Bu-"

"No," Kyle took hold of my shoulders gently and looked into my eyes, "It will get better, it may not be today or tomorrow, but it will."

When I didn't respond, Kyle stared into my eyes, before a sad expression appeared on his face, "Unless," he paused and took a deep breath as the tears continued to fall, "You don't want to be with more me an-"

I cut him off because I couldn't believe that he thought I would even consider leaving him, "No! Of course I want to be with you, I love you."

"But you just said?" a single tear left Kyle's eye, and I reached up to whip it away, before kissing him on the cheek.

"I know what I said, but that wasn't what I meant," I paused and whipped the tears away from my face, "I meant that I think we need a break-"

"Wha-" He interrupted me again.

"Let me finish," I sighed, "I think that we need a holiday, to get away from everything that is going on."

Kyle nodded in agreement, "Okay, I'll call my agent in a bit, to help us arrange everything and we can go as soon as I finish this film."

"Okay and I think that we should agree to an interview, but when we get back from our holiday."

Kyle's agent had been getting calls already, asking for interviews with the both of us.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"Okay then, whatever you want." He kissed my head and then rested his head on top of mine and pulled my closer to him as we waited for Anthony and Rowan to wake up.