Chapter Two: Find Him

Chapter Two:

Find Him

I awoke to the sound of sirens, crying and shouting,

"Kyle?" I murmured, as I slowly started to regain consciousness.

The second thing that registered was that the searing pain in my left arm.

"Anthony? Rowan?" I gasped in panic when the accident flashed back into my mind.

I tried to look over my shoulder but there was pain coming from my neck, it felt like a deep cut.

I could hear Rowan whimpering in the back of the car, and I didn't hear anything from Anthony, but that wasn't unusual.

My door was opened and a voice that I didn't recognised was heard, "Ma'am, Are you hurt anywhere?"

I turned to look at the female paramedic, "My neck and left arm," I croaked out, as my throat was dry, "Where's Rowan and Anthony? Check on them first."

"We're checking on your husband and daughter now, ma'am there's no need to worry."

"What about Anthony, my son, where is he?"

"What do you mean ma'am, there's only you, your husband and a baby girl in the car,"

"No, my son, he's only three."

"I'll inform the officers, but we need to check you over first."

"No please, you have to find him." I was growing panicked, if Anthony wasn't still in the car, then where was he?

The paramedic helped me out of the car and put a temporary brace on my left arm and a gauze on my neck, "That should do until we get to the hospital." She told me.

"I have to help them find Anthony." I told her.

"Ma'am, I suggest that you go to the hosp-"

"No," I cut her off, "I have to help them find him."

"Okay, but you need to be checked over as soon as you get to the hospital, ok?"

"Yes that's fine, have you got Rowan out?"

"Yes, she is over with your husband."

"Has Kyle woken up?"

"Not yet ma'am, but that's very common with a head injury."

"Head injury? How bad is it?"

"It doesn't seem that bad at the moment, but we need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible."

"Okay," I didn't have time to finish speaking because a male police officer walked over to us.

"Ma'am, I've been informed that your son has gone missing."

"Yes, have you found him?"

"No ma'am, we're about to start a search party for him though."

"Okay, he's only three, so you have to find him."

"We will ma'am; I'll start to gather some officers."

The officer started to turn away from me.

"Wait," I called out to him, "There's something else you should know, Anthony is partly deaf, so he can only hear you if you are shouting, if you are close enough to him. And also when he's scared, he likes to hide in small places, but he'll stay in that one place until me or Kyle find him, so I'll come with you."