Chapter Four: Home

Chapter Four:

Home

I woke up sometime later to the sun streaming through the window on the far right side of the room, which was unusual for Wales, and I could feel a slight tugging on my hair.

I rolled over slightly and clutched Kyle tighter to me as all of my memories from the events of yesterday came flooding back into my mind.

"Rowan," I heard a soft whisper from Kyle, "Let go of mummy's hair baby, I have your bottle here, it's nice and warm."

I smiled and opened my eyes slowly, "Hey," I whispered sleepily, "How are you feeling?" I moved my head so I was looking at him and I realised that the bed was now in an upright position, Rowan had now let go of my hair and was drinking from her bottle.

"I'm good, you?" He smiled down at me.

"Fine." He leaned down and kissed me on the lips.

"Good, the doctor left a few minutes ago, he said that we should probably call someone to pick us because I'm being discharged in about two hours."

That made me gasp, "I haven't called Katie." I started to sit up.

"She probably saw the news, and is probably really worried." Kyle finished.

"Yes, I'll call her now," I stood up and looked over at Anthony, and ran my hands over his head as he ate, "Who gave him the food?"

"The nurse brought it in for him, when the doctor came in."

I nodded and then looked through the baby bag for my phone, I quickly found my phone and dialled Katie's number, as I paced the room.

She answered on the second ring, "Rose?" She asked, worried.

"Hey Katie, it's me."

"Are you okay? The children? Kyle?"

"We're all fine, just a few cuts and bruises and broken bones."

"Who broke what?"

"Kyle broke his leg and I fractured my wrist."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit shocked."

"I bet."

"Anyway, I was wondering if you could pick us up in about two hours?"

"Of course."

"Thanks, will you meet us out the back of the hospital, because the press is out the front?"

"Yes Okay, I'll see you soon."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye." I hung up and turned back to Kyle, who was now burping Rowan.

"She'll meet us around the back."

"Okay." He smiled at me.

I walked back over to the bed and sat on the edge of the bed, and then picked Anthony up, who had finished his food and set the tray on the floor, and set him on the bed so that he was laying in between Kyle and I.

"Kyle?" I said, nervously.

"Yes?" he whispered back.

"The doctor that came in to look at my arm and neck yesterday, he-" I stopped suddenly, nervous at what his reaction will be.

"What, did he hurt you? Did he try something?" He asked me, getting angrier.

"No nothing like that, the doctor that saw me yesterday was miles." I said in one breath.