XIII: kiss

LANE

Me and Julius are in front of his house. I stare at it like I haven't seen a house before.

It's big.

"Apparently, somehow my parents make a lot of money," he tells me, noticing me gawking at it. I nod and follow him into the house. He leads me to his room and I get nervous a little.

It's my first time in a guy's house, let alone his room.

We enter it and I just stand there awkwardly while he lies down on his bed. I look around his room. The walls are decorated with some posters of Tame Impala's albums, also on a wall there are two skateboards near the posters, next to a closer there is a shoe rack where there are different pairs of shoes, mainly there are more of skateboarding shoes, on a shelf there are Marvel Figurines and many more things around the room. But it's a little messy. He sees me and chuckles.

"Relax, do whatever you want here," I sit on the bed near where he lies. We stay in a comfortable silence as I still look around.

"Tell me more about you, Lane," Julius breaks the silence and I turn to him. Every time we hang out he asks me to tell him something about me. I literally told him everything except of my family. It's not that it's personal but I never liked talking about it.

"My parents divorced when I was little, my father is in another state and I live with my mom but she's barely at home because of work so I am alone most of the time in the house," I shrug, looking away from him to my hands.

"Do you still talk to him?" he asks me, sitting up.

"Yeah, he visits me when he can," I nod. It's been a while since I saw him. Last we saw each other was in the beginning of June. "Anyway, I'm a little sleepy," I lie my back on the headboard and yawn. "Wake me up before we should leave."

He hums.

***

I am half awake and turn on the other side wanting to hug a pillow. I embrace it but then notice that it's harder than a pillow. I open my eyes and see Julius's back facing me.

I realize what I just did and make a move to pull away but he turns around, still asleep, then embraces me, mumbling something.

I feel my cheeks heating up then remember we have to go to the party. I try getting out of his hold but he tightens it. "Julius," I whisper but he doesn't wake up.

"Julius, wake up," I say a little louder, he groans and opens his eyes, sees me then closes them again.

"Five more minutes," he pulls me closer.

Is it that I never been friends with a boy because I don't know if this is okay to be doing this with him.

It feels too friendly for me.

And I have feelings for him.

"Julius, we have to go somewhere," I tell him and he groans again. This time he pulls away and opens his eye fully and sits up. "What time is it?" I ask him as I sit up.

He reaches for his phone and turns it on, "Eight," he tells me, still half asleep. "Oh, we're late," he realizes but no reaction.