Chapter 6 ] The Wedding

Samairas Point of View

*****

"Its my wedding day!"

I woke up with a jerk when I heard Shri yelling. She danced excitedly around in her nightwear with the face mask on. I groaned and hugged the pillow tightly, going back to sleep.

"Sammy wake up. It's my wedding day"she shook me hard.

"I know. But can you please let me sleep?"I groaned.

"No you can't"she laughed and started tickling me.

"Shri I'm gonna kill you on your wedding day. Seriously"i gritted my teeth and tried to push her away.

"No no. Wake up wake up wake up"she laughed and tickled me more.

"Agh. Devil"i took the pillow and started hitting her. She screamed and started hitting me with the cushions. We both laughed hardly and lay back on the bed, holding our stomach.

"I'm getting married today. Wooohoooh"she shouted making me laugh and spoon her.

The knock on the door made us startled.

"Shri, Samee are you both up?"We heard Mahima aunty's voice outside

"Yes mom. We just woke up"shriya said.

"Good, now freshen up first and come downstairs. The pooja is gonna begin in an hour"she said.

Shri and I looked at each other and laughed again.

She rushed to get ready. I brushed my teeth and tied my hair into a bun. I had so many works to do from the decorations to the food. So I went downstairs and sat down to make a list about the things that had to be done. Shriyas cousins had arrived in the morning itself and they were all hanging around in her room.

"Okay so, pick up the lehenga, garlands, oh- shivas gift"i paused as I was reminded about shiva. I looked around the living room. He was nowhere to be seen.

I distracted myself and went back to work. The helpers were decorating the living room. While I got lost in my thoughts, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked up with a smile, thinking that it was shiva. But my smile vanished as soon as I did.

"Hey sam"

It was Neel, shris cousin who knows to do nothing in life but only flirt.

"Hi"I said and turned back to the notepad.

"How are you doing? It's been a long time right?"he asked, sitting close to me.

I sat away from him.

"I'm good"I said and gave him a tight lipped smile.

"You look- great"he said.

Ugh.

"Thanks"i said without even looking up.

"So- I heard from Shri that you've been busy with this whole marriage thing"he said.

"Pretty much"i said, still not looking up.

"You know, I've been meaning to ask you out ever since the last time i saw you. I texted you in instagram and you didn't reply. You also blocked my number in WhatsApp"he said making me groan inside.

"Yeah. That was my way of saying no"i smiled at him.

"Aw come on, just one date"He said moving a little closer to me."I promise I'll show you a good time."

"I appreciate it, but I'm really not interested"I said and got up, closing my pad but he quickly held my wrist making me fist my palm.

"Don't be like this ya. I've been liking you since so long. Just give me a chance, I know we'd hit it off"