Chapter 3 ] The Party

Samairas Point of View

*****

"Shiva?"I asked in surprise the moment our eyes met. He smiled softly. It wasn't like a wide smile. But his lips curved a little.

"Shall I help?"he asked, making me come back to my sense.

"Uh-umm no...I can manage"I said. He nodded. I kept the packets on the back seat and wondered if I should go and sit in the front seat besides him. As if he heard my mind voice, he opened the front door for me and I nervously got in.

He got in after me and started reversing the car. I looked outside the window and wondered how to start a conversation. I don't understand why I'm so tensed around him. My heart had already started playing disco inside my chest.

"Is everything-ready over there?"I initiated the conversation.

"I don't know. I didn't get time to check"he said. I nodded.

"Is your family not coming to the pooja?"he initiated the question after few seconds.

"No. Appa has to work. Amma was lazy so she sent me"I said. He nodded next and then here comes the silence again.

I looked outside the window. The air from outside brushed against my face, messing my hairs. I grunted and tied my loose hairs into a bun. I could feel his stare on me but I pretended not to see it.

He looked at me just like the way he looked at me yesterday.

"So...you live with your family here?"he asked after few seconds.

"Nope actually. I have an apartment of my own. Being alone gives me peace. It also makes me want to write more. My family is so chaotic you know. If you're spending more than 20 hours with them, they are gonna drive you so mad"I sighed.

"So why do you stay with them now?"he asked.

"Because of shriya. You know right my appa runs an event management company here?"I asked and he nodded.

"So I'm handling everything about this marriage. Dresses. Makeups. Bills. Catering. Literally everything"I said.

"So you are a multitasker"he smiled, while looking straight into the road.

He smiled.

"Yeah sure. I would like to call myself that"I said. He nodded. I received a call from a boutique so I got busy with that. Meanwhile we had already reached shriyas house.

I came outside and rushed inside. Shriya rolled her eyes looking at me. She was already by the pooja room. I muttered a sorry and stood next to her

"Did you really wear a tee and jeans to the pooja?"she whispered.

"I told you I was late"I whispered back.

"Go to my room and wear something good"she said.

"Are you serious?"I whispered back.

"Just go sam"she said and closed her eyes to pray. I sighed and rushed upstairs to change.

I opened shriyas wardrobe and sighed, holding my hips.

What the hell I'm supposed to wear now?

I fished out some dresses and looked myself in the mirror. But neither of them looked good on me. I heard a knock on the door, distracting me. I looked back and saw shiva standing outside the room.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were with shriya downstairs"he asked.

"Oh...I was then. Shriya wanted me to wear something traditional. So I'm trying to find one"I said.