I Almost Lost You, Never Again

"YOU'RE a horrible man! A monster, don't you know?!" Natasha spat at him, brown eyes flaring angrily. "You loved Roseanne and yet you pinned after Rosa when she loved you!" She then hurled two slaps on his face, ignoring how his face bled. She wasn't this angry and never felt it, anyway. But if it was related to her two daughters, then she's a violent woman.

Chase didn't bother to say anything, his heart was breaking again and again. This was not supposed to be how it is. Rosalie shouldn't have died so did Marcus but it was a whole mess and he would never be able to gain back Natasha's trust, or now even Roseanne; they would never trust a person like him again. The fact hurt him much more than the slaps he received as soon as he realized it. It was only because of Samantha. Only if she have kept shut, it would have ever happened.

Natasha was about to land a slap again on his face but Roseanne clutched her arm. "I shouldn't be selfish now but leave him. It is not worth spoiling your hands for him." She said so calmly that it was scary as she turned to Chase. "Chase, you're a good as well as a wonderful man, even bright from a young age. Yes, I foolishly hate you that you were engaged to Rosalie, I was fueled by jealousy. But I think I hate you more regarding the fact you loved me, yet you can't pluck up the courage to confess so you went after my poor sister who loves you madly. It's a betrayal, and I get it...you were favored by Dad and surely, you are going to be under his will, because as you knew him for a long, you were like a son he never had. From now on, I will be with you just as acquaintances and you'll have access to the mansion and I'll train myself for that company, probably. I'm exhausted and I don't want any problem between us."

Then she stepped back slowly, turning to her friends as if she's leaving but she had stopped and turned to Chase again. "Yes, don't think I'm giving you another chance because you fully broke me. I respect the fact you loved me but keep this in mind, I wouldn't return your feelings forever."

"Why?!" Chase lash out, wanting to vent his anger on something. "Was it because you like someone else?!" His eyes trailed off to Christian obviously. Christian just looked down, not realizing Chase's look.

"It's even none of your business if I like someone else, I just stopped loving you a long time ago." Roseanne shrugged and that broke Chase's heart even more. She walked up to her mother, hugging her.

"I'll be back for Dad's funeral and will." She said much more calmly. "I'll like to train myself to run Dad's company. I'm just an ambassador for Tiffany&Co. After all, I want to become something." She said glaring at Samantha who shrunk back, a wince coming out of her lips.

"Don't worry, I'll send Irene to train you." Natasha smiled softly when she thought of her close friend's daughter, who by great achievement, became COO of Meadows Cooperation. "Be ready for the workload then."

Roseanne laughed despite the tension. "I will call for more urgent security around the mansion so you'll be safe. I wish you will move in with me but I refused to as for them, because they snore too loudly." She pointed to the detectives and they've sent her offended looks.

Natasha chuckled. "I'll come with you all to the mention, then." Christian helped to walk her out as everyone left the room but Tiana grabbed Theodore's arm when they were left alone.

"Tiana, leave me alone!" Theodore growls at her, not having much patience to deal with her, especially her tearing eyes. He hated the fact she sort of affected him in the years they haven't seen each other...but why now?!

"I wouldn't let go until you agreed to meet me in your favorite cafe." Tiana said. "Let say, in just two days. Look, I'm sorry for all I have done but I want it all fixed. It's so stupid but I still love you still, and I do know you feel the same way."

Theodore scoffed, cringing at how Tiana was holding onto the delusion that they can be together or was destined for each other.

He gulped painfully. "Have you fucking ever realized that you're the one that has caused the current me. I wasn't cold and intimidating. But after what happened to Jane, you broke me finally. I trusted you again and again despite your red flag but it got broken again again and I'm tired of giving you anymore chances."

Tiana stayed quiet speechless. But all the guilt that were bottled up inside just had decided to lash out, "You know that was an accident that night! Theo, please give me another chance. I can visit Jane and apologize to get you back."

"You're crazy and don't you ever think you can even get an inch closer to Jane." He'd warned coldly, standing up. "I have rested my case now. In two days, I'll meet you...but don't think it's another chance given to you."

Then he left the room. He didn't care he was so cold and harsh to Tiana because she totally broke him to beyond that he felt like nothing couldn't be fixed. He's wishing he never met her at all. If he did not, would things be different? Will he be the bubbly guy before? Will Jane not be in coma? Will everything be alright then? It was so frustrating that he wished he could go back in time and fixed everthing.

He walked outside, forcing a smile as he saw the rest. "Sorry, I was too occupied with something."

Roseanne got a text. She checked it and instantly hissed. "It's my boss. Today is the deadline for smother shoot. How can I forget?"

"Can't you reschedule to tomorrow at all? Your boss will surely understand, won't it be possible?" Natasha called out and she shrugged.

"Rosie, I have an idea with 2R MC. I was maybe thinking I can sent a reliable and trustworthy person to take over it and I will partner with it. Don't worry, we'll be changing some things but it's still going to be a modeling company and the name is not going to be changed." Jennie suggests an idea and Roseanne nodded.

"I think it's not a bad a idea." She said. "I think we can go there soon enough and it has to be prepared. If Rosalie was here, it would be apparent she'll love the idea. I am going to take this call." She added as she walked away, more specifically near an alleyway.

She talked with her boss and ended the call, sighing in relief that the photoshoot will be rescheduled to tomorrow. She is about to leave, but got an unknown text.

Right behind you, darling. It threatened. Roseanne widened her eyes and once she turned around, she was tackled with the person choking her with a gloved hand, the other gloved hand holding a familiar tiara...

Roseanne's eyes watered, feeling her heart pounding to the point that she forced her eyes to look into a familiar set of eyes but she can't remember as a piercing migraine popped up. She restored her energy just to bite the arm of the hand choking her and once she was released, she screamed, "OH MY GOD...HELP!"

Her shout gathered the attention of the rest and it wasn't long before Christian heartlessly threw the attacker off her. The attacker grunts, instantly getting on their feet in a swift way, running away with the tiara! Theodore ran after her, turning into a dot ad he turned to another street.

"My dear Rosie, are you okay?" Natasha asked worriedly, patting a traumatized Roseanne on the head, who nodded, coughing, being in the arms of Christian, who looked honestly terrified.

"I almost lost you, never again." He then whispered and Roseanne blushed a little ad he helped her get up.

Theodore finally came back, breathing so raggedly and the side of his temple was a bleeding mess. Jennie instantly walked to him, not caring if her fingers are stained with blood.

"I caught up with her...yes, it's a she! We fought and wow, I was surprised when she smacked me to a wall and ran away. And that tiara....?" He trailed off, looking at Roseanne.

"It's the missing tiara and when I was busy struggling, I saw some dried blood on it so I think the killer is her and that tiara might be the murder weapon!" She instantly said. The detectives nodded, a distraught look on their faces.

"We definitely needed to go to the Meadows Mansion after we got you up all bandaged, Theo." Christian rolled his eyes at Theodore grinned mischievously.

...

Author's Note: I'm going to be writing drafts of this book, but wouldn't be able to publish because I'm quite tired. I'm also writing drafts of LAA. Maybe I'll update it as soon as RSC is finished.