Chapter 6

VALE

I think I have been staring at the blank screen of the television for more than half an hour now. Jamai has already gotten out of the shower and was ready for bed,  while I was still laying in the same position on the bed since the moment we reached our hotel room.

"Vale, you've been laying there and staring into nothing for like the past hour now. Is everything okay?" Jamai asked as he grabbed the shirt he left hanging on the chair to pull over his head.

Okay, maybe like a little more than thirty minutes. I nod my head, letting him know everything was okay. But of course, everything wasn't.

I sit up and allowed my back to sink into the pillows behind. Jamai takes a seat next to me and lies down flat on his back, staring at the ceiling.

It was that same girl again. Those honey dipped eyes framed by her spectacles. Her hazel brown hair slightly ruffled after catching up with the General Manager. The way she looked at me like I captivated her. Yet, she also doesn't seem to recognise who I was under the cover up.

Which I guess is also a good thing that someone like her who was standing really close to my face still couldn't recognise me. Or maybe she just doesn't like racing, or just doesn't catch up on Formula One.

I push my thoughts away for a moment and got myself into the shower to rest up for the night. Tomorrow is a fitness day for me, since I need to make sure I am still fit for the race this weekend. Singapore is always the most extreme race, so being well prepared for it physically is just as important as mentally.

But when I head into the bathroom, I take a glance at the mirror and my mind instantly goes back to her facial features. Something about her was so mesmerising. I splash some water on my face and wiped it with a face towel, before hopping into the shower and getting the dried sweat stuck to my body off me.

===

My eyes open wide as I notice the large flood of sunlight entering the room. Jamai was already dressed for the day and pouring us each a glass of water. He must have been awake for some time now, since he had the time to even get a kettle of water boiled and cooled slightly. 

I rub my eyes, trying to get my vision to focus as I checked my phone on the nightstand for the time.

7:00am.

My team booked me and Mikey a private gym nearby so that both of us can exercise without being bombarded by fans, asking for autographs and pictures while we try to train. Also, it's for the company that runs the gym's sake, since we don't want to cause a whole scene in their facilities. It has happened once on accident, in which we don't want for it to repeat again.

I had to get to the lift lobby and meet Mikey there at 9:00am, before our personal transport comes to pick us up and drive us to the private gym. But I really wanted to devour the hotel breakfast, so we have to go early for the breakfast buffet downstairs before the crowd really comes.

I walk over to where Jamai was and grabbed one of the cups, before taking a generous sip from it. Patting him on the shoulder, I thank him before washing my face with my cleanser and getting myself changed for the day. I brought a buttoned up shirt with prints that would pass off as something very Hawaiian. Lots of palm trees and waves in the design, but it was extremely comfortable to wear it in the heat.