Volume 0 - Chapter 2

UNLOCK MEMORY?

YES                   ⍰⍰                 NO    

I murmured a yes.

The light grew exponetially brighter, and I was blinded before I felt a sudden pull on my heart. I fell onto my knee's in sheer pain, and I clutched my chest as the light slowly started to compress and fade out. Gah, fuck it hurts. Beads of sweat trickled down my forehead as the light again bloated outwards, broadening it's reach before everything went white.

***

My eyelids fluttered open as I discovered myself laying on freshly trimmed grass, a natural bed far softer than the ones I was used to. The gentle caress of the evening breeze slides me up from slumber, as I am greeted with murmurs and filtered voices passing through the air. As I dust myself off, I take the pleasent moment to view where I was. A park. A dog was running after a stick, exuberant over something as simple as a piece of wood. The dog's owner lay on a bench, a sandiwch oozing with ingredients as his command to the dog lay lingering in the air. Kid's dashed around the park, clobbering their way up onto the slides and chasing each other with joviality imbedded in their faces.

This park is very much alive, a bundle of people enjoying the simplicity of a day out, picnics spread out with abundances of food, as if they were sacrificing it to the Summer God's. And here I am, an ambigious and unprecidented guest in the midst of all the hustle and bustle. The park, with its chorus of human joy and nature's embrace, holds me in a state of peaceful confusion.

It's a puzzle, but for once, I'm content not to solve it, to simply be a piece within it, basking in the unexpected gift of waking up in a world that's decided to start without me. 

That was until I realised why I was there in the first place. I'm in the past am I not? Then, if my predictions go accordingly well, then I should see Tsubasa here somewhere. I examined the park more, before getting up and stretching my muscles. Wait...How will this affect me in real life? Did I just teleport, or am I just spiritually here? I walked inside of the park, and the kids running around the park charged at me. 

"Uhm, your gonna r-"

They went straight through me. No disturbance, no sound. I see now. I am a apparition as we speak, that means my physical form is not here. So what am I doing back there? That's a thought to ponder on later tho, as I need to spot Tsubasa.

"Uhm, excuse me?"

I got jarred, thinking someone could see me, but it was just a blonde haired girl with blue eyes who was talking to a girl ahead of her. She had adorned fancy clothing, a white shirt along with a red skirt and a red bow tie, perhaps a special occasion was today. Well anyways, I could tell this was Tsubasa.

 Well anyways, I could tell this was Tsubasa