At first, Miray complied, trying to focus on her breath as Luke had instructed, closing her eyes,  inhaling deeply through her nose, holding for a moment, and then exhaling slowly through her mouth. 

But as she continued, her head started to feel light, and the simple act of breathing, which people often took for granted, became increasingly difficult. Each breath felt like a struggle, as if there wasn't enough air to fill her lungs. Panic started to rise within her, but she tried to remain calm, not wanting to worry Luke.

"Well done, love," Luke murmured, noticing the change in her breathing and the strain on her face. "You can rest a bit, and we can try again later, okay?" he suggested softly, brushing a gentle kiss against her temple.

Miray nodded weakly, grateful for Luke's understanding. She closed her eyes, focusing on the rise and fall of her chest as she tried to steady her breathing. With Luke and the boys by her side, she felt a sense of calm wash over her.

"I love you," Miray whispered suddenly, pressing a tender kiss to Luke's cheek before snuggling closer to him.

Luke desperately wanted to smile, truly he did, because her words were beautiful, the most beautiful thing to his ears. But the way she said them, with such effort to conceal her pain, shattered him. 

It tore at his heartstrings, seeing her struggle silently. 

Why couldn't he just take away her pain? Why couldn't she be healthy like everyone else? Why couldn't they find a solution to make her okay, free from suffering? 

The weight of these questions bore down on him, leaving him feeling helpless and utterly broken.

As Miray sensed Luke's body tense and his heartbeat quicken, she pulled back with a smile. "Now's time to run, Hulk!" she joked, giving him a playful push. "Come on! Show these peasants how it's done!"

"Hey!" Noah protested, bouncing the basketball as he approached.

Miray chuckled and stuck out her tongue teasingly. "What? He runs faster than you all," she shrugged, ducking behind Luke and squealing with laughter as Noah playfully chased after her.

Luke gestured for Noah to stop, and Noah complied, a puzzled expression on his face. But Luke didn't explain, instead turning to meet Miray's eyes with a gentle smile. He pressed another kiss to her forehead, his embrace enveloping her in warmth and comfort.

"Stay safe, okay?" Luke whispered, his voice filled with tenderness. "You can just rest for now. When you feel ready to try the breathing exercise again, do it, but don't force it." He held her close, inhaling her scent as he momentarily closed his eyes and prayed.

Please be okay.

Pulling back, he turned to the boys. "Take care of her, okay?" he instructed, waiting until they nodded before he started jogging. His heart was already pounding fiercely, the weight of worry heavy on his chest, even before he began his run.

Luke ran, faster and faster until his vision blurred and his senses dulled, as he desperately wished. Panic gripped him, his mind spinning with terror. He wasn't ready for this.

With each step, he thought of how Miray's condition was worsening, and it terrified him to his core.

Oh God, please...

Could she just... be okay?

Luke feared his heart couldn't handle it this time.

Exhausted, he finally stopped, leaning against a tree with one hand while the other gripped his knee. He panted heavily, sweat drenching his body, his heart and head pounding relentlessly.