Episode 1-13 : Dessert Magic!

Kitchen

"Last, we dust the top with powdered sugar..." Focusing on dusting the chestnut tart, Ace and Grim jump together in excitement "Finished!!"

"Finished..." Deuce followed with a gloomy voice, it seems that the tart he ate earlier has take a toll on his system.

"Did something happen while you were out shopping? I'm sure it got nothing to do with the tart from his expression." Ace observe Deuce's expression, noticing how the said blue haired boy only mumble a few things about eggs and chicks.

"He just found out a new truth about the universe, he needs a moment to register it" Ei explained, there's a small part of her that is still worried about Ace and Deuce after eating her tart.

"For 16 years I believed that..." Deuce continues to mumble incoherent words that didn't make sense for Ace.

"Making sweets takes so much time. I'm exhausted..." Ei and Trey stared at the ginger haired boy with a small smile of their own "Yosh yosh! We all did our best and the result is satisfying!" Ei pat Ace's shoulder in a gentle manner.

"Then can I rest my head on your-"

"Good work~ is the tart finished? The decorations are super cute! It's totally magicamgramable! Let me take a pic." Cater suddenly barged into the kitchen without notice and take a quick snap of the tart, earning himself a groan from his junior that is trying to have a time with someone.

"Ah! What's you come here for?" Ace scowl at Cater's presence, totally not happy about the sudden interruption "I came to check on my cute underclassmen, working so hard. Ahaha, you look beat! Oh and here you go, Ei! I got you some tissues if you want to wipe your sweats."

Taking the pack of tissues from Cater's hand, Ei thanks him gratefully with a smile "Thank you, Cater."

Cater takes a few steps closer to Ei with a small pout "Hey, come nowww~ you called me a different nickname this morning, why calling me Cater only? Are you still mad that I kicked you from the maze?"

Cater slowly grasp her hands looking at her with a saddened eyes "Ah oh.. No, I'm not mad" "Then why are you calling me Cater? Call me Cay-senpai, okay? Okay okay?"

"... Alright, Cay-senpai"

"That's more like it!"

"What's with this guy.. He has been trying to hog up Ei's attention since lunch time" Mumbled Ace with a frown, Deuce only nods his head in agreement "That's just how Cater is, you both will get used to it eventually" Trey butt into the conversation.

"But he didn't even gave us tissues like he did to Ei" Ace continued with his complaint with earned a nervous laughter from Trey "It's favoritism, Ace" Grim said bitterly.

"Ahem, things aren't used to tire you out so quick. So when you're tired you need to eat something sweet. Go ahead and try the mont blanc we made." Trey takes control of the sour situation in the kitchen.

"Yaay!" They all cheered in union

Ace managed to cut through in between Ei and Cater, creating some space between them "Cater-senpai, you did come here just in time to eat the tart!" Ace grinned at Cater as if mocking him after he stands between them.

"You can just think of me a the taste-tester." Cater replied with a forced smile "Wasahaaa... It smells so deliciously sweet. The chestnuts on top are glossy while the cream underneath is so fluffy! Let's eat!" Grim starts munching on his tart.

"Eat slowly, Grim. You might choke if you ate like that" Ei scold the raccoon lightly before taking a bite of the tart, the sweetness of the tart melting on her tongue quickly made her beam in joy.