Episode 1-12 : Baby Chicks and Kitchen Disaster

Main Street

Trembling on their own pants, the seniors that were just mocking their juniors are now heavily injured, not even daring to stare up at the blue haired boy that beat them up into a pulp "T-this guy is straight up mad! That wasn't just twelve hits! Liar!"

"Let's get the hell outta here! I'm sorry to all of the chickens!" They both scrambled away from Main Street with a lesson learned.

'.. I never knew Deuce could be that... Rough, is that even the word? Then stop making out of one's character when you haven't fully learned oneself.'

"Apologize 100 times the next time you eat eggs! Dumbasses!!" Ei tap Deuce's shoulder earning the boy's attention quickly, his gaze quickly softening before he looks away in shame "That's enough now, they should have learned their lesson."

"Huff, Huff... Ugh!!" Deuce couldn't be more ashamed of himself, he just showed the personality he has been covering up to the person he really wanted to get close to, he screwed up real bad in his opinion.

"Hey, look over here" His chin is grab by her fingers "Are you hurt anywhere?.. From the looks of it you're not hurt anywhere except you're swollen knuckles" She examined him throughoutly, making sure she didn't miss any spot that she hasn't checked, Deuce couldn't even bear to stare at her directly in her eyes, fearing of the judgmental look she'll throw at him but he can't help himself either.

Deuce wanted to scream. He wanted to bawl his eyes out, blame himself for being careless and forgetting about his own promises. Staring at the helpless boy, Ei sigh to herself. She was never good at comforting people, much more a teenager, but she was once one too, she also once bear that expression of regret, guilt, and remorse on that day "I'm probably not the best at this kind of situation, but if it makes you feel better to tell me what has been pooling up at your heart, that made you feel like something is eating you up then you could tell me anything."

Strong grips are placed on her shoulders, Deuce could only stare at the floor shamefully "Raiden.. I-I screwed up.. I vowed that I'd definitely, definitely be an honors student this time...!" Ei stayed silent, listening to what Deuce has to say next.

"In middle school all I ever did was screw around... I constantly skipped school and spent all my time getting into fights. I disrespected all my teachers, hung around sketchy upperclassmen and bleached my hair to death. Even ran around all over the place riding a magical wheel. I was a terrible person that went as far as to use magic to lord over those who couldn't."

The violet haired girl is lost for words, Deuce is breaking down his emotion in front of her, pouring out all of his pent up mental that he held back this whole time. Timorous, the feeling that she felt for over 500 years alone, not being able to say anything to anyone.

Ei wouldn't want it to be the same for Deuce at such a young age, she placed her hands over Deuce's "Deuce, look at me. Stop looking down at the floor."

With every words that left her lips it encourages him to finally look her in the eyes and he couldn't hide the surprise in his own eyes, why is she staring at him with those gentle expression? Why is her lips curving into a smile that his mom always shown him? It feels sickening yet oddly warm to him.

"Everything is alright, Deuce. I'm not going to say anything bad so don't look down while you're talking, focus on me."

Deuce feels like he could finally breath out the breath he didn't he has been holding the entire time, it feels like a fresh air to finally be able to let out part of his feelings to someone ".. Then, one night. I saw my mom hiding away in tears as she called my grandma. 'Was the way I raised him wrong? Would it have been better if he had both parents?' She was wrong. Mom never did anything wrong. It was all me!"