Sunset

Before he realized, it was evening. they had worked quietly, each of them being lost in their own minds. taehyun didn't know how to handle these new events. after completing his work, he decided to go to the office's cafe. aeri was still engrossed in a pile of files. she always worked very sincerely but she seemed to be trying too hard not to focus on anything except the words in front of her. her brows were knitted in concentration. taehyun left quietly knowing too well that it wasn't right to disturb her. on his way to the cafe on the top floor he thought back on what aeri told him. he knew she was unwell. she had been taking antidepressants for more than an year. he had seen her suffer with severe anxiety in school. at that time no one thought she would turn out to be so strong. he had only seen her cry twice since high school. once when she fought with jeonghan and the second time was when the news of her father's car accident reached her. seeing her so broken stirred his insides. 

he ordered an iced americano and sat on a window side table. the city skyline was shining under the orange sky. he felt emotional seeing the sunset after a long time. faint memories creeped out from his brain. 

a crimson sun had started to dip behind the horizon. they sat on the lush green grass on top of the hill tired by the hike. aeri rested her head on his shoulder as her eyes started to droop. 
"hey don't fall asleep we need to walk back."
"shut up" she mumbled already half asleep. taehyun sighed in defeat. flocks of birds flied overhead, their chirps announcing the coming of night. 
"oh come on" he said to the sleeping girl. he decided to look at the gorgeous sunset in front of him for a little longer. seoul looked pretty from afar. the world was at the edge of light and dark. details blurred from the surroundings leaving only the things that needed to be seen. beauty. a few stars twinkled in the orange and pink sky. trees swayed slightly shedding a few dried leaves that danced in circles until they reached the earth. he stared at the vanishing god of light and closed his eyes keeping it's image in his mind's eye. come up again
he opened his eyes and they went to the girl on his side. she was sleeping soundly. her face was relaxed and an innocence covered it. for a moment she looked the same as she looked 10 years ago when they were just 6. adorable. 
he stationed her near a tree trunk and squatted carrying her on his back like a child. 
with her arms wrapped around him while he maintained a firm grip on her thighs, he got up. "yoon aeri you are so much trouble" he muttered under his breath as he hiked down the hill.

he was dragged out of his thoughts by a presence near him. he pulled out the chair in front of taehyun and sat on it.

"Hello" jeonghan smirked.