CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO:

Some of the people inside the club were friends with Kylo from senior high school when he was classmates with Jae. It's been some time since they've seen each other, especially when he flew out of the country for years that made him lose contact with these people. Funny when you think about it that I'm included in the list of friends he lost in those two years. I tried not to stare so I could still have an ounce of dignity but I couldn't stop scanning Kylo from head-to-toe wearing black leather jacket with an undershirt and some black acid washed jeans that looked perfect on him, not to mention the chain necklace around his neck that made him even cooler. I could feel my stomach fluttering the longer I stare at him like an instinct embedded in my system for being in love with him for years, but this time I hated the butterflies.

I stared for the last time while taking a shot of tequila before excusing myself from my friends to go to the restroom. "Sama ako." Shay said out of concern but I rejected her offer. I shouldn't have crashed a party I wasn't invited to, but I was already here so I had nowhere to go to collect myself. Before Kylo could even have a chance to notice my existence in his surprise party, I walked to the restroom to hide myself for a few minutes. I was staring at myself in the mirror when I caught a glimpse of the necklace dangling around my neck. It became harder to breathe when my mind started contemplating whether I still have the right to wear the necklace Kylo gave me or not. Everything about this clover reminded me of every hope I convinced myself I have but the truth is, maybe I was just delusional that I even had a chance in the first place.

Even if my breath was trembling when I heaved out a sigh, my hands still found its way on the clasp to finally remove the clover necklace on my neck. It felt weird looking at myself in the mirror without it dangling from my neck since I've treated the necklace like an additional limb I couldn't live without. Before the tear that fell from my eyes even reached my cheek, my fingers already wiped it off. It took a couple of deep breaths before I gathered my strength back to show myself to other people, but as soon as I stepped outside I accidentally bumped into someone's chest that sent panic through my system.

My eyes slowly looked up to see the tall person I collided with as shame started occupying my brain. I have been drinking for almost an hour and the effects of alcohol were starting to creep on me. I almost lost my balance when we collided, but he was quick enough to catch me in my arms. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you!" Before I could even apologize for my carelessness, the guy in front of me was already asking for my forgiveness even if it was supposed to be the other way around. I was still taken aback from how tall he was that it took me a few seconds before shaking my head. "No, no... I'm the one who should apologize. I wasn't paying attention when I came out the door." I said, the realization that my hands were gripping on his shirt as support suddenly hit me. I stood up straight instantly out of shame, making his hands let go after carefully supporting me on my arms. He cleared his throat while scratching the side of his brushed up black hair, "No, I–uh, I wasn't wearing my glasses." His fingers shyly pointed at his eyes with a faint smile painted on his lips. "I'm farsighted, so I can't see you properly."

I think it was the only time my brain could process perfectly how good-looking the person I bumped into was when I finally stepped backwards to see the entirety of this attractive man standing in front of me. He's tall and lean, the color of his skin was slightly tanned like he spent his summers basking in the sun yet it suited him. I didn't realize how long I was staring until I caught the side of his lips lifting into a half-smile, which I found cute. Maybe it was because of the alcohol in my system but there was a minor confidence brewing inside of me. "There," I stepped back one more time. "Now you can see me."

The awkwardness visible on his face slowly disappeared after he took a glimpse of my eyes. He let out a small laugh while nodding his head, "I can see you." He said, his hand hesitantly reached out to me. "I'm Julian, by the way." I memorized his name in my mind before introducing myself to him. It was like electricity ignited when our hands touched for the first time, which felt weird since it hadn't happened to me before. I was in the middle of being mesmerized by his face when I saw someone familiar entering the club from my peripheral vision. "I'd like to chat, but I just saw my friend so I have to go. Anyway, it's really nice meeting you... Julian." I bid my goodbye to him despite feeling enticed.