Ch. 12 What You Won't Know Won't Hurt You

(John's POV)

       Brooklyn and I finally rolled out of the ring after the attack the siblings put on us at the end of the match. I helped Brooke backstage as she held onto the back of her head. We walked past the curtain and through the sound box, finding the stairs that led us down to Cierra, Randy, Dean, and Seth.

        "Hey, that was a really good match," Cierra said, giving Brooklyn her credit.

        "Yep...that was definitely redemption and I'm feeling now what feels like," she said, rubbing the back of her head.

        "Are you okay?" Randy asked her in a slight chuckle from hearing her irritated tone.

        "I'm fine, just a small headache. Where's Bailey?"

         "Trainers. She got a Charlie horse from that submission you gave her," Seth explained. Damn, Brooke.

         "Damn!" Brooklyn muttered under her breath in sympathy.

         "By the way, where did you learn the suicide dive so well? Nicole only showed you once and you only did it once," I asked her. Nicole in training last week showed Brooklyn a suicide dive that she did on Brie after Brooklyn got curious. But after she did it, she almost got caught in the ropes and botched the move. So neither of us wanted her doing the move.

        Brooklyn lifted her hand, pointing to Dean and Seth's direction. All I could do was laugh. Makes sense.

        "And by the way: you throw me into the company, I can throw my body the way I want to," Brooklyn declared. I looked up at Randy for any form of support, but it was obvious that the support he had in his eyes weren't for me; they were for Brooklyn.

        Fair enough I guess.

       "Okay ...you're point would be valid," I muttered.

        "Yeah, didn't think you'd wanna test that water," she told me, causing Cierra to snicker. "I'm gonna go check on Bailey, make sure she's alright. And get a concussion test because I actually slammed my head on the canvas."

        "Yeah, you're not supposed to do that," Dean stated.

        "Thanks for the advice, Dean!" She said sarcastically, leaving my side.

        "I mean, my advice was to be careful out there. But you're welcome!" He ended, very happily. That caused Brooklyn to pause and glare at him in confusion as she tried her best to not laugh at him. But clearly failed.

       "Jesus Christ," she muttered under her breath. I laughed at her as she wakes last Randy as they snuck a quick hand hold before Brooklyn went to find her way to the trainers.

        "Hey, real quick now that I have you guys all here," Cierra said, gathering our attention. "Have any of you guys talked to Bailey about tomorrow?"

        "Oh, no. Absolutely not. She'd kill us if we did," Seth responded. Now that sounds valid.

        "I didn't wanna drag her down before her match so I didn't mention anything," Randy told Cierra.

         "Yeah, I figured it was best to be left untalked about," I added.

        "Well, you guys haven't asked her how she's been?"

        "Well, think about it Cierra. Last time we asked her, it was three months after it happened and she went back into her depression. It's hard enough trying to pull her out of it. That's why she had those extra months off," Dean explained.