Ch. 1 Meeting the Team

"1, 2....OH Kofi almost had him! Tried to- OH and he runs into a big boot from Barrett!" Michael Cole shouted on commentary. I was backstage at Smackdown, standing with The Usos, watching Kofi Kingston in the ring. I've been a fan of wrestling since I was about three years old. I've only trained a couple times when John needed it, but I've never thought wrestling for real.

       I graduated college three years ago with a degree in music. When I realized my dream of becoming a wrestler wouldn't happen, I pursued the career of music production after I helped John make both of his theme songs when I was fourteen and sixteen. I made the music for his Dr. Thuganomics era. I also made the music for his song now.

      I felt a hand land on my shoulder and I turned around. "Hey!" I said, seeing my brother stand behind me.

      "How's the match going?" John asked us.

       "Interesting," Jey said.

       "Entertaining since Kingston got booted in the face," Jimmy laughed jokingly. I swatted him in the chest and John chuckled.

        "How nice," he said. "So, hey, listen. Mind if I pull you from the monitor?" John asked me. I turned and shook my head.

       "No, come on," I said. "I'll see you guys later!" I said, placing my hand on both twin's shoulders.

       "See you later sister Cena," Jey called to me. I walked with John away from them.

       "What's up?"

       "So, I talked to Stephanie and Hunter. They want to bring you out there with me for a promo cut on The Shield." I turned and looked at my brother as we continued to walk the corridor but I stopped.

        "They want who out where?" I asked him. I'm not a wrestler. I haven't trained in years. And even if I'm just out there to cut a promo with him, I've seen what The Shield could do and I am not trained enough to protect myself from them if it comes down to it!

        "Okay, just relax. The least The Shield will do is come out to confront us. I don't think anybody will do anything. They're not that crazy," John told me. I gave him an unconvinced look.

        "Really, they're not crazy? Every time they come out to interrupt somebody they plant them through a table. You tell me what you're definition of crazy is!" I said. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out. Because I honestly was. I don't know what John was thinking and why he even agreed to this. Because I don't agree!

        "Would it make you feel better if you met them?" He asked me. "They're not gonna bite your head off, I promise!"

        "Who's biting heads off?" I felt a body come up next to mine and the voice of Randy came from next to me. My knees became even weaker as I heard his voice.

        I've known Randy since I was fourteen years old. He and John have been best friends for years. And for those years, I've had the biggest crush on him. But that was when I was younger. I don't think I have it now. Although, the sign of my weak knees tell my heart something different.

      "Dumbass John agreed with The Creative Team to put me out in the ring during his promo against The Shield only for those hounds to come out and eat me alive!" I explained to Randy. John slapped his hand on his forehead and Randy lifted his eyes at John.

       John looked up at Randy and shrugged a little. "Help me!" He said, sounding desperate.

       "Okay, look. If you're that worried just go meet them! They're nice guys, seriously!" Randy said. But I still wasn't extremely convinced.