Ch. 3 Date Night...Question Mark

"I'm honestly just a little bit pissed because he just let it happen without my okay," I said on the phone

     "I'm honestly just a little bit pissed because he just let it happen without my okay," I said on the phone. I was talking to my best friend, Emily. I was telling her about the random segment I had on Smackdown last night. She was confused when she saw me on the screen get slapped in the face.

     "I was just lost when I saw you come out. Then Kiely slapped you in the face and you looked like you didn't expect it. And I expected shit to go down!" I chuckled at her as I dropped my pencil on my desk. "But I understand why you're upset. You have a right to be. Why didn't John tell you they were planning on doing this?" 

      "Because he's an idiot," I muttered. 

      "Can't argue with that." I rolled my eyes with a chuckle. 

      "No, he said it was because he thought I wouldn't want to do it." 

      Emily smacked her lips on the other end of the phone as I unraveled my measuring tape. "Oh, I know she's not gonna want to do this so let me just throw her into the ring anyway!" I then heard her hand slap her thigh, indicating that she threw her arms in the air and dropped it back against her leg. 

       "Pretty much," I said. I heard my doorbell go off and I looked at my bedroom door. "Hey, somebody's here so I'm gonna let you go." 

       "Alright. Let me know if you can get those tickets." 

       "I will, because I've gotta get one for Rob too. I'll let you know." After saying our goodbye's, I hung up the phone and stood up. I walked out of my bedroom door and slowly down the steps. My back was still hurting from training this morning. I've texted Nicole every hour since we left to make sure she was doing okay and she kept telling me I didn't have to keep asking. She kept saying that she was going to be just fine. But had it not been for John catching her, I would have broken her neck. 

     UGHHH John!

     After gimping my way down the steps, I finally made it and walked to the door, still walking slow. I saw through the glass window that it was Randy. I smiled as I got to the door to open it. "Hey! Sorry it took me a minute. Took me a good five minutes to descend the staircase," I said, letting Randy step in. 

      Randy smirked at me. "And by descend, I hope you mean walking, not falling!" He said. 

     "Do you see me crawling?" I asked him. He squinted his eyes at me a little as his smile grew a little bit. Chuckling myself, Randy stepped in a little bit more which allowed me to close the door. 

      "How are you feeling?" He asked. 

      "Um," I said, locking it. "I feel fine. My back is the only thing that's really sore. I know I'm going to feel that in the morning." I started walking my way to the living room and Randy followed, making himself comfortable on the couch. 

       "Yeah, that will definitely get you tomorrow," he said. I laid down across from him on the love seat. 

        "Yeah, and it definitely was not worth it!" Randy chuckled. "So, what's up?" I asked. Randy doesn't just stop over just because. 

        "Nothing," he told me. "Do I have to have a reason?" 

        "When you come over here, yeah, you do," I said. I lifted my head up on my hand and looked at him. "You always want something."

        "I don't want anything!" He said. "I just wanted to see you." 

        My heart about melted hearing him say that. Well, isn't he cute. 

        "We just saw each other not even two hours ago!" I said, referring to our training session, which was four hours. 

        "Yeah, so?" he said. "I wanted to  see how you were doing. Can I not do that?" 
        "You can!" I said. "It's just, I don't know...weird." 

        "Why is that weird?" Randy questioned, his smirk gaining his lips again. 

        "Because it is." 

        "Because why?"

        "Because it's you." 

        "Why is it me?" 

        "Randy, shut up! I hate when you do this!" I said, throwing my head down onto the cushion. He always does these mind games and it makes my mind go crazy and my body just-

        "Did I make you flustered?" I heard him ask in an up tone that sounded a little too flirty. What is he trying to pull? 

        "No!" I mumbled into the couch. Yes.

        "Yes!" 

       "So!" I mumbled back into the couch. Randy began laughing and giggled myself into the couch. I lifted my head with a small smile. "Man, I am starving," I said to myself. 

       "You wanna go eat?" Randy offered. I nodded. Only because I really was hungry. 

        "Yeah," I said. 

         "Well how about this," Randy said. He sat forward. "You go get dressed in a nice little fit, and I'll be back in about..." Randy lifted his arm to read the time on his watch. "an hour. And we can go eat." Did he just ask me out on a date? 

         I looked over at the clock on the wall and saw that it was almost 5:30. I looked back at Randy and nodded. "Yeah, sure, I guess," I said. Randy smiled at me and stood up. "But why do I have to dress nicely? Why can't I just wear sweatpants and a sweatshirt?" I asked him. For me having a minor degree in designing, I sure love to wear sweatpants and baggy shirts. 

       "Because the place we're going to, that will not exactly qualify as a classy look," Randy said, standing a few feet away from me now, looking down at me. 

       "Well, how "nice" do I have to dress?" I asked him. Randy gave me a small smile with a shrug. 

       "What would you wear to a party?" He said. I didn't say anything for a short few seconds. 

       "Sweatpants and a sweatshirt-"

      "That's not that!" Randy said, cutting me off. I laughed at him, knowing what he meant by "to a party". 

       "Alright, fine. I'll do it." He thanked me and walked left a little ways to leave. "What are your plans now, sir?" I asked him. 

       "You'll see." Giving me a wink, he tapped my ankle that was hanging off the arm of the couch. "See you later." He walked back down the hallway and I heard the door open before it closed a second later. What was he up to?