Ch. 2 First Time

Roman stuck his arm out, blocking the girl that was in the ring with them.  I nodded my head and chuckled. "I figured," I said into the mic. "Can't do much of anything can you? Do you need your brothers to hold your leash?" The crowd gasped at my statement and the girl froze in her face. She then exploded past Roman's arm and struck me in the face with a slap.

      Earning another gasp and cheer from the crowd, I grabbed my face out of reaction after I dropped my microphone before I turned to launch myself at her but I was caught by John and the girl was pulled back by the three other members of The Shield. The boys pulled her out of the ring and backed her up to the barricade to get her to leave.

      Leaving John's grip angrily, I took the mic from his hands. "You have a lot of talk and strength for a lap dog Kiely! But you've just opened a whole nother door. You wanted a fight, you've got yourself one!" I threw the microphone down onto the canvas as the crowd cheered and John's music played again over the audience.

      "Good! You're on!" Kiely shouted back. Dean leapt over the wall and picked up Kiley to get them back walking up the stairs. John grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the ropes to leave the ring. I walked back up the ramp, holding my face. We got to the stage and walked to the curtain. Once we left the curtain, I saw Vince and Hunter at the back monitors.

       "That was amazing Brooklyn! Now go prepare yourself for Monday," he said, giving me a simple hug. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

       "Why, what's Monday?"

       "You're gonna be debuting your first match on Monday," Triple H told me. My eyes about popped out of my head. Are they nuts?

       "Wait - I was just told I had to mention a fight in the end. I was never told about a match!" I freaked out to them.

       "Stephanie and Mark told John that was the plan," Hunter claimed to me. I slowly turned to look at John, but he was already halfway to the exit curtain. Groaning quietly to myself, I turned and looked back at the CEO.

       "I'll figure it out. But thank you. If you'll excuse me," I said. Hunter nodded and let me leave the sound box. I headed for the exit and jumped off the first step. Running to catch up with John, who had stopped to talk to Randy, I began walking to him and I shoved him.

       "You knew this all along!" I asked John. Randy's eyes widened and he stepped back. "Is that what the guys were referring to earlier?"

       "Maybe....?" John said, hesitantly. I glared at him with a tilt of my head. "Okay, fine, yes I did!" John claimed, giving in. "Yes, that's what the boys were meaning."

       "John, why on earth did you not tell me about this? Otherwise, I would have fully disagreed with the segment!"

       "Brooke, they're trying to give Kiely a storyline that fits with all three guys and my feud. This was the only way it would work! Because we have multiple ideas planned ahead and Kiely needed a returning match and conflict. This was our only option!" John explained.

        "That doesn't answer the question on why you never WARNED ME ABOUT THIS!" I said, smacking John's arm each word I spoke to end the sentence.

        "Okay, Brooklyn, relax!" Randy said, stopping my beating. "You're gonna get full training with the best trainers we have," Randy told me. I turned and looked at him.

       "Don't tell me you knew too," I said, squeezing my hand into a tight fist.

      "I just found out!" Randy said in surrender.

      I closed my eyes and sighed in frustration. Why the hell would John give the okay for me to fight when I never gave the okay to begin with. Yeah, this was once my dream, but I'm over it all. That dream is long gone.

     "Brooklyn, I'm sorry you had to find out this way and I'm sorry I never told you. But you have to do it either way," John said.

       "Well, I have to. I don't have another choice. Besides, who was that Kiely girl anyway?" I asked him and Randy.

       "Kiely's the forth member of The Shield," John said.

       "She's Roman's sister," Randy added. "She's just been on a leave for the last year.

       "So, I'm supposed to be in a match with someone I've never met before.... awesome!" I said.