Part 6, The Past

Simon woke up from a deep slumber seeing Evone beside him still sleeping. He smirked knowing that the lady totally submitted to him last night.

Evone slowly opened her eyes and looked at Simon. He pulls her into a deep hug and kisses her forehead.

"I love you Evone. I have been loving you secretly since my brother started taking you home." Simon gently squeezes her hands causing Evone to blush hard.

"I-I can't believe that you are the one who loves me truly" Evone leans on his chest.

"Don't worry my dear Evone, I will gonna take you to Spain after the World War II ends..."

Simon then picked up his scattered clothes laying on the floor and changes for the day. He picked up his coat, wore it then picks up this top hat. He slightly closed the door to see his older brother at the dining hall.

He entered the hall seeing Louis having a coffee while reading a newspaper. Louis raises his eyebrows greeting his little bro good morning.

"Looks like you woke up early and out of mood" Louis greeted noticing Simon's hair isn't combed neatly. It was disheveled, some strands of his hair hanging on his forehead.

"Just tired from yesterday" Simon then wiped his face with his handkerchief. He doesn't want to tell his brother that he kept Lady Evone in his room.

"It's already 1941..."

Simon looked up after his brother mentioned the current year. "Is the war still going on?" Simon asked.

Louis nods

"I see"

Simon thought about the past. It's been 2 years since his older brother, Louis used to be part of the army.

"Brother, you have changed so much." Simon exclaimed. Louis just looked at him in irritation.

"So what? You don't have to tell me about my history. Past is past and it will not return again!" The older brother furiously replied that made Simon to be frightened.

Back to October, 1939

It's been 2 years since Louis just finished studying at the university of Dartmouth college. Back then, Louis didn't want to be involve in his family's business that's why he studied to be able to go into politics. There he met Evone from a noble family.

"Are you mister Louis from the Leblanc family?" Evone asked as she hugs him from behind. Louis smiled and kisses her. "You're really a clingy person aren't you?" Louis brushes Evone's nose with his.

"Promise me that I'm the only one woman of your life okay? Okay? Okay???" Evone said in a falsetto tone which makes her cute in Louis' point of view.

He just giggled and pokes her because of her cuteness "Let's go wander shall we? My lady?"

Evone smiled at walks towards the park cling on Louis. The two laughed causing the people around to look at them.

"We're causing a scene... Be quiet" Louis warned Evone to lower down their voices.

September 5, 1939

After they declared the World War II in September 1, Louis enlisted in the marines and fought in the Pacific, even though his father had expended great effort to wrangle a deferment for him. For his bravery in battle, Louis was awarded the Navy Cross, and was also featured in Life magazine. Louis was discharged as a Captain to recover from wounds- along with friend Tybalt Moreau.

(Time skip)

"Louis! Your father was nearly assassinated!" The butler reported to him that made Louis to be frightened. He immediately visited his father which was bedridden in the hospital. Because of the fear that he might lost his father, Louis decided to be involved in the family business. Louis feared that the enemies might come back again. At the same time, the whole members of the Leblanc family was killed including their father which made Louis to be furious and wants to take a revenge.

Louis then become Don Leblanc and the godfather of the business after his father died.

~~~

Louis is now sitting in his office thinking deeply. He gestured to Theodore to come closer. Theodore leaned closer to him as Louis whispered something.

"Kill those people who were involve to the father's assassination attempt" Louis glared as he writes something on the paper. The sound of the fountain pen scratching the paper filled the entire room.

"Yes sir" Theodore then took the letter and left.

(Time skip)

"The leader of all the superior families were assassinated last night in their corresponding residences and it was believed that the reason of the assassination was because of the misunderstanding towards the businesses" The reporter announced at the television.

Many people were affected by this news. It caused them to fear that they might be the next one to be murdered. Meanwhile, Louis is just watching the news as he laughs knowing that there will be no treat to their family business anymore.

(Back to the present)

Louis was doing his business when his assistant Theodore entered the office with an alarming expression.

"Sir, the authorities are looking after you. You need to go to Sicily and hide there" Theodore stated.

Louis looked at him and asked "What do you mean that they're looking for me?"

"Don Louis, remember the assassination of the superior leader's the last two years? Now they're looking for you after they identified you that you're one of the members of the Leblanc household" his assistant added.

Louis nods and ordered his guards for them to secretly go to Sicily and hide there temporarily.

"And also! Tell my brother to return to Spain!" Louis shouted.

(Time have passed)

Louis waved farewell to his brother Simon as they depart at the station. "Brother, keep safe" Simon said to Louis as they continue their way to where they are going.

"Don Louis, let's go now" Theodore whispered trying to not inform the people around them that they're acting suspicious.

The Don then entered the car. Body guards follows after them making sure that the Don is safe and not threatened.