Chapter 5

Well at least my exams went well, even though I couldn't stop thinking about Amy.

Her words kept replaying in my mind every goddamn minute 'We can't be whatever you want us to be' and my heart ached each time I remembered them.

I honestly didn't know this woman at all and I was stupid enough to fall for her the moment she walked into that bar. Grace, she could be a criminal for god's sake. I thought to myself as I tried to push her out of my mind.

I sighed dramatically and stared at the ceiling. It was the day after I'd finished with my last exam. You could say I was feeling half relieved, even though we all know I wasn't even close to that kind of peace.

It was around 4 pm and there were still a few more hours left 'till my father would be back home, so I decided some ice cream would make me feel better. I got up from my bed and got dressed before heading to the supermarket. The sun was setting as I walked slowly on the sidewalk, the sounds of my steps on the concrete and the cars that passed by being the only thing I could hear.

Entering the small supermarket, I let out a sigh as the cold air from the air conditioner caused goosebumps all over my skin. I grabbed one of the caramel ice cream boxes and, after I paid for it, I headed to the park as I took small bites from the ice cream.

The sound of the children screaming in joy as they played around filled me with a nostalgic feeling as I sat down and continued eating. I almost completely forgot about Amy but then I saw her running in her usual running outfit and I mentally groaned. Why do I always meet her in this exact park??

I quickly looked away, hoping she didn't see me, since I didn't want the situatuon to become even more awkward. Plus she'd made it very clear that she's not interested so what's the point..

A few time passed by as I quietly continued my caramel ice cream before she suddently sat next to me. I didn't look at her and I stood there awkwardly.

I could hear her breathing slightly heavier from running, but I still didn't dare to even glance at her. Amy let out a sigh "Grace..."

I kept silent and so did she for a moment. "Are you mad at me?" She asked, and I could swear her tone had a tint of softness rather than coldness and cruelness.

My shoulders slowly rose as I just shrugged in reponse. The woman let out another sigh "How were your exams?" I could feel she was staring at me. I shrugged again, causing her to let out a scoff. "Will you at least say something?" Her tone grew angrier. I shrugged again.

She suddently stood up "Fine!" Amy added, frusrated as she walked away. I glanced at her for a moment before standing up and following her.

She stopped walking and looked at me. "I thought you didn't want to be my friend" I said, frowning. She scoffed "That's right."

My frown disappeared and I stared at her "Why...?" I asked. She stared back into my eyes, her gaze seeming to soften a bit for the second time. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it back. "I can't tell you, Grace..." she sighed and looked away.

I bit my lips stopping myself from asking her 'why' again. "But I want to be your friend." I kept looking at her. Amy's eyes moved to meet mine "I know." She answered simply.

I let out a sigh and nodded slowly. "So that's that then, huh...?" I pressed my lips together. She nodded "That's that."

My eyes moved back and forth between hers and I stood silent. I opened my mouth to say something but then I closed it and stepped back. I took a deep breath, fighting back my tears. "Bye..." I mumbled and turned around as I ran away.

That's that...

*

Two months later

Martha and I got pretty close in the past few weeks. It was rather relieving since I never really had any friends. I always thought there must be something wrong with me.

It was friday night and me and Martha were heading to her house after our classes ended. That'd become more of an habit at the time. We would have a sleepover at her house, just the two of us, every friday. And about my father, well he would be too drunk to remember the next day anyway.

We dressed into something comfortable and then lay on Martha's bed as we watched a movie. She grinned widely and motioned for me to scoot closer. I did as she asked and rested my head on her chest. She started running her fingers through my hair and played with my red locks.

Martha hummed "Hey, what happened to that hot lady from the bar?" She asked, not taking her eyes off the TV. I widened my eyes a bit. I thought she was too drunk to remember about that night.

"Oh that..." I shrugged, playing it cool "I dunno" I added, making her let out a giggle. "Ohhh please. We both know you were definitely crushing" She nudged me. I slightly blushed and nudged her back. "Pffftttt....."

She smirked "Don't 'pfffft' me. You're a bad liar. " I rolled my eyes. "Okay maybe we did go out once.... or twice..." I mumbled. "But she didn't really care"

Martha slightly rubbed my scalp "Her loss. You're a total hottie." The blonde said, making me let out a chuckle. She stood quiet for a while before suddently breaking the silence. "Soo... did you guys kiss?" She grinned. My eyes went wide "What- no! Of course not. I've told you she wasn't interested."

The girl laughed and nudged me "Mmm... but you wanted to, didn't you?" She wiggled her eyebrows, making me let out a scoff. "Have you ever kissed anyone?" She looked down at me.

I shook my head, shrugging "I haven't." Her expression turned into a smirk "Wanna try?"

I almost choked on air "Ehmmm.... what??" Martha giggled "Come onn... maybe one day you'll kiss that hottie, but you'll suck at it. You need to practice."

My face started burning and I felt like the room was suddently on fire. Martha grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her "Can I?" She grinned at me. I looked into her eyes before hesitantly nodding. She slowly leaned in and placed her lips on top of mine. My face started to burn even more.

I slowly closed my eyes, leaning into her a bit. She continued kissing me softly for a few seconds before it started to grow more passionate. The blonde's hands moved to my hips and pulled up my shirt. I let out a quiet moan and kissed her back with more passion.

She rolled us over as she started to take off my clothes, slowly, making sure to tease me as she did so...

___________________________

ᵀʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵐ ᶠᵒʳ ʳᵉᵃᵈⁱⁿᵍ ♡ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵐᵉ ᵐᵒᵗⁱᵛᵃᵗᵉᵈ :D