CHAPTER 4

There is an abandoned church on the hill on the outskirts of the town.

But unlike the common belief of townspeople the church is not actually abandoned. But that said, the inhabitants aren't humans either.

The inhabitants were none other than a group of three fallen angels who were gathered in the hall. A woman who looked like she was in her early 20s, a child who was in her early teens and a man appeared to be in his late thirties.

He was facing the two of them with a leader like presence. He had three pairs of wings unlike the other two who only had one.

"Are you telling me that Raynare was killed? And the possible culprit is someone who has a sleeping sacred gear?"

The man named Dohnaseek was furious.

"Not to mention she IGNORED my direct orders and went after him... KALAWARNA! Didn't I ask you to keep an eye on her?!"

"But, sir!" Kalawarna said, "She has never disobeyed her orders like this before. There is something weird going on here. I have to say this sir, she was not acting herself. It's almost as if she was being controlled by someone-"

"EXCUSES!" he snapped, "are you telling me that you couldn't keep an eye on a trash that got herself killed by a human?!"

He stood there for a few seconds, fuming. Mittelt, the teenage girl and Kalwarner kept their mouths shut. They both knew how much he cared for Raynare. Saying anything would only be adding fuel to the fire.

"No," he said, "there is something here that doesn't add up... This is the case of a sleeping sacred gear..."

...

The sacred gear system was created by the god of Bible to grant humans the power to stand their ground against the supernatural. Though it had the opposite effect. The acquisition of powerful sacred gears have become the current symbol of power among the supernatural. The strongest ones amongst the sacred gears are called the 13 longinus;, also known God destroyers. They are also called the supreme sacred gears.

Boosted Gear, the possessor of which is called the Red Dragon Emperor (Izo), is one of the longinus. Infact, it is the fifth ranked longinus with the killer ability to double the owner's power every 10 seconds.

When the user of a sacred gear passes away, it reverts to its basic form and waits in heaven, in the sacred gear system, for its new wielder to appear. This is a cycle that keeps repeating. The new wielder may appear at any time. To make things fair, the ones in heaven can only monitor whether a user has appeared or not. They are unable to know who the wielder is.

In the mysterious world of sacred gears, there is a peculiar case called the sleeping sacred gear. It is a rare case that happens when a sacred gear goes into hibernation, due to over usage or from suffering a huge damage during a weilder's death, to heal . Due to an unknown problem or a bug, you can say, if the sacred gear system tries to find a suitable match for the gear during its hibernation period it sometimes ends up selecting individuals that are really underqualified for the fully awakened sacred gear. Hence, a sacred gear user is born who cannot use his sacred gear due to the hibernation and qualifications factor. But since it is a sacred gear, it is obliged to provide some sort of benefits within its limits, but those are very very weak. So weak that it is only good for attracting unwanted trouble.

So therefore, even for a low ranking supernatural being to die at the hands of a sleeping sacred gear user is unheard or one can say downright ridiculous.

...

"That must mean it must be the devils!" He growled, "they must have found out about mission objective and blamed it on a sacred gear user to escape the consequences!"