21. Chapter Closed

Start from the beginning

"Wow! So you're the storyteller tonight. You're the best at it," I said with a smile.

"Maybe," he replied modestly. "Alright, Good Night. Take care."

"Good Night" And I ended the call and again ending up restless.

What am I supposed to do here? I wasn't for a deal. Had it been a deal I would have cancelled it but I came here searching for him. Because I know he is here, somewhere around. 

Picking up my inhaler and phone , I walked out closing my hotel room door. It was almost silence considering most of the guest must be sleeping.

I walked down towards the lawn area. A waiter almost collided with me in way.

"Can I help you in some way, Mam?" He asked very apollogetically.

I refused and smiled at him and walked away. Finding a bench for me, I sat there. Looking at sky, it was quite cold out there and my top wasn't helping either. But I kept looking at My Bua, out there shining brightly.

I heard a lot about her and realised everyone admired her. She was beautiful woman inside out and influnced a lot of people in the short lived life of her.

Things would have different if bua had been here, if chachi would have lived with us as well. Isn't it how everything changed and I lost a part of myself along with a part of others in those 15 years.

"Is this seat taken?"As I was lost in my thoughts, I was snapped back to reality by the sound of a voice. A guy in his twenties stood before me, holding a cup of coffee. His gray eyes, colder than the chilly air, seemed to pierce through me.

"Excuse me?" I replied, caught off guard by his sudden appearance.

"I was asking if this seat is already taken by someone," he repeated, a sheepish grin spreading across his lips.

"Oh, no, it's empty." I replied, gesturing to the empty spot beside me.

He chuckled softly. "Well, what's empty?" he asked, his gaze lingering on me.

"The seat, obviously," I replied, a hint of confusion in my tone.

He grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously. "I j-just thought of something else."

Curiosity piqued, I inquired, "What did you think?"

He shook his head dismissively. "Ah, nothing. Just my overactive mind at work."

"Hi, I'm Adam," he introduced himself, extending his hand with a friendly smile.

"Bye," I responded curtly, not in the mood for small talk, "and I prefer not to share my name." With that, I turned my attention back to the sky, hoping he would take the hint and leave me to my thoughts.

"It's true a star never knew how bright it is while looking at other stars," he murmured softly, almost lost in thought.

"Stop your philosophy," I replied, somewhat irritated by his cryptic comment.

"I was just stating a simple fact about someone beautiful. Where does philosophy come into this?" he countered, his tone light and playful.

"See, I offered you this seat, and if you want to sit here, then shut the fuck up," I retorted sharply.

"Difficult... hm... but I will try," he replied with a smirk, seemingly amused by my directness.

Had I known that this Adam was going to be this irritating, I wouldn't have let him sit beside me.

I rose with a heavy heart and made my way back to my room. The solace I sought in the sky seemed distant tonight.

Despite Adam's attempts to engage me, I tuned out his words and retreated to the sanctuary of my own space. Shutting the door behind me, I collapsed onto the bed. My eyes welled with tears, but they refused to fall.