Seems like he's even clumsier than I am.

"I am going to bath first," he declared, his ego still intact despite his disheveled state.

"And what makes you think that, Mr. ?" I countered, placing both hands on my hips.

"Because you women take forever in the bathroom, and I'm not about to wait around for ages." he retorted impatiently.

"And how is that my problem? Your lack of patience isn't my concern," I shot back, turning to stride towards the bathroom. But he swiftly blocked my path.

"I said I'm going first."

"To aapke bolne se kya pathaar ki lakir ho gyi? Bol to aise rhe hai jaise ki.."  I trailed off.

(Does your every word turn into a law? You're speaking as if...)

"Jaise ki kya?" he demanded.

(As if what?)

"Main kyun batau?"  I countered.

(Why should I even tell you?)

"To maine pucha kya?" He gritted his teeth in annoyance.

(So,did I asked?)

"Your memory seems to be quite weak," I remarked.

"Whatever, I'm going, and that's final."

I never understood why rich people don't have two bathrooms in their bedroom. What's all that money for, anyway?

"Did you forget your phone in the study? I think it's ringing," I feigned innocence, wearing my most innocent expression.

If I have to live in this house, I can't allow myself to be beneath him. I won't let this man triumph over me and dominate me.

"It might be my manager..." he mused, rushing towards the study. Just as he disappeared into the room, I quickly closed the bathroom door.

"Wait! I broke my phone last night. How can it be ringing? This woman!" I heard him grumbling from outside as I turned on the shower.

Just you wait, Mr. Atom Bomb. Watch how I chip away at your ego.

I bathed peacefully, taking my time, knowing full well that Atom Bomb might have exploded outside. Once done, I stepped out of the bathroom, grateful that he wasn't lurking nearby.

Grabbing the sari from the bed, I struggled with the blouse's threads but managed to tie it. Just as I was wrapping the sari around myself, the balcony door swung open. I quickly covered my cleavage with the remaining fabric.

"Uh... I... uh... sh... I entered..argh..you..oh no..I. didn't m-mean..you..me..shit..." he stammered.

"Now, will you go out or just keep stammering and staring?" 

Nodding he left through the door and I sighed in relief.

Note to self: always check all the doors first. 

I finished draping the saree and fastened the necklace around my neck. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I combed my hair, letting it cascade down my exposed back. I applied vermillion to the parting of my hair.

I should remember that I am married now.

"You can come in now," I called out to him. But I was not ready to look at him at any cost, the incident few minutes ago was embarrassing.

"How can you do this?" He stormed inside, his frustration evident in his voice.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. What did I do now?