3.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit!

He's been here the whole time. My father has been here the whole time. Snooping through Daniel's archives proved to be fruitful. My father has been under my nose this whole time!

Has he seen me before?

Have he and I crossed paths maybe?

God, what was he like? Was he short?

Well, I highly doubt that. I am at least six inches taller than my mother and three inches taller than Mona so maybe he's a giant. Maybe he's 6'0"!

Majestic in his western sepia glory (that's assuming that I got my skin tone from him).

I must call Walter!

I quickly skim through my contact list and dial immediately.

The ringing drones on in my ear, quite longer than usual. Walter is usually quick to answer the phone and let you know if he can stay longer on the line or not.

The ringing drones on and on once again until I hear a click.

Finally.

"I've been trying to call your ugly ass for a while now, what it do?"

The line is silent until stupor consumes my entire being. "Ugly? You hurt me, dolcezza."

I had royally and FBI-cally fucked up.

In disbelief, I tear the phone away from my ear and lock eyes with a name I hadn't quite prepared myself for.

Of course my dumbass had to dial Nathaniel DeLuca like the typical main character I am, of course!

"Me...me no ingles?"

"Allora parleremo italiano!"

My vagina had to be broken, there was just no other way to justify as to why I couldn't go weak for this man.

His voice is smooth, relaxing yet it doesn't seem to match the Italian speech I heard a man whimper while he was drilling a hole inside me five years ago.

Eureka!

That fucking warlock! He had to be responsible for this. He cast this weird spell on my body, him and his big head that was only bigger because he was in between my thighs and...and sucking my –

"Jaenelle? You're whispering something and I can't really hear it."

Listen to that! Even though he had no effect on me, I was still embarrassing myself. "Uhm, what gave my name away?"

He chuckles softly and I assume it's due to my voice pitching a few octaves higher than usual. "True Caller." Damnit. "I like it. Jaenelle. Beautiful name. So, lady with a beautiful name, why has it taken you so long to call me?"

I whip around just in time to hear Mona murmuring something in her sleep as she shifts into another position.

"I've...been busy," I say coolly, ignoring the sudden strain in my neck. I wish lying didn't have any physical effects on me.

"Guess I really am ugly, wow."

My eyes nearly bulge out of their sockets as I rush to dispute that.

"No! That – I thought I was calling Walter! You're handsome, the hell? Like, your hair is so glossy and listen, sometimes I forget to lotion up my arms and your hair makes me want to dip my elbows in it."