A New Rival

As Liam and Logan make their way out of Circuit de Catlunya, a racer comes out and begins to speak to Liam.

Racer: Hey, are you Liam Allard?

Liam hesitantly responds

Liam: Yeah, that's me.

Racer: I just wanted to say good race. You did a really good job. Even though you really just got lucky.

Liam: Um, thanks. I guess. But who are you?

Racer: The name Richard Panton. I was number 12 in the Mustang.

Liam: The one who crashed, eh?

Richard gets slightly angry at Liam's response.

Richard: Yeah, that one. You only won cause I crashed. You're just a rookie wannabe street racer.

Logan tries to pull Liam away, but Liam refuses and decides to stand his ground.

Logan: Liam, come on, ignore him. He's just a sore loser.

Richard: Yeah, run along to your little handler. The only thing you're good at. Nerd.

Liam holds his ground and sizes up Richard.

Liam: Excuse me? I couldn't hear you over the bull

Richard: Ah ah ah. No cursing is allowed in front of your elders. Did anyone teach you that? Manners first, right? Plus, your elders know more than you. So show some respect.

Liam: You trying to say something? You don't deserve my respect.

Liam and Richard stare each other down as their handlers stand prepared just in case anything goes down. Rivalries are common in the racing world, and their all fun and games but can escalate extremely quickly, which they definitely don't want to happen.

Liam: Watch your tone. Old man.

Richard smirks

Richard: Hehe, you got fire kid, I will say. It's a shame I'm going to have to put it out. And crush your little boy dreams. This is the real game, kid. You're not ready for it, youngin. I'll see you at Sebring. Well, actually, I won't. Because you'll stay behind my taillights. They have a really good design, maybe I'll show them to you soon. Watch yourself.

Richard gently pushes Liam away with one hand, which causes Liam to lash out.

Liam: connard! Je jure devant Dieu que je vais te faire foutre !

Logan holds Liam back as Richard slowly steps back.

Richard: Touched a nerve, eh? Get used to it. Hehe

Richard goes away and sits in the passenger seat of a Cadillac Escalade and drives off while visibly waving through the glass in a teasing matter. As Liam watches with an angry look.

Liam: putain de salope ! Pour qui se prend-il, bordel ? Enfoiré!

Logan tries to calm Liam down.

Logan: Relax. Relax! Liam. Don't listen to him! He's trying to get in your head! Don't you see! Come on. Let's go. We need to get back to the airport and head back. Be happy that you won but who you beat. Understand?

Liam: Who does he think he is? Disrespecting me like that in public. I swear I'll knock his teeth in! I'm a racer! One of the best to ever live! I don't deserve any disrespect!

Logan: Liam. Stop. You're letting the fame get to your head just like I said. Stop. Ignore him. Think of him as a rival and not an enemy. I've learned the difference many times.

Liam starts to calm down

Liam: Okay. Okay. I'm sorry. It's just the number one thing I hate is being disrespected when I don't deserve it. It just boils my blood.

Logan: Listen, I get it. I had the same thought train. But you have to get used to it or you're not gonna find any success in this sport. Motorsports is one of if not the hardest sport in the world. You let your anger and ego get the best of you, and you end up like me. With a broken leg and a shattered dream. You do not want that, and you don't deserve it. You're an absolutely amazing racer, but don't let it get to you. I repeat, do not let it get to you. Okay? Rivalries and bad blood are a part of the game, and you have to adapt, or you'll crash and burn. You have an amazing career ahead of you, but you can only have it if you don't let the money and fame get to you. Do you understand?

Liam: I know. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm still new to this racing thing, and I get triggered by disrespect. I'll try not to get angry again. I know why I'm here, and I can't risk throwing it all away over a small rivalry.

Logan: Good. Now let's go. We have to head home and prepare for your next race, okay? Come on.

Liam: Okay, let's go.

Logan and Liam get into the back of a Honda Pilot and drive back to their hotel and gather their things before heading to the airport where they catch a flight back home. On the plane back, Liam thinks deeply about his entire first race experience and smiles. He's already enjoying his new life and hopes he can stay in it for a very long time.