Did I Ever Tell You...?

A quiet evening flows around Montreal as Liam and Hope are seen overlooking the stunning skyline of Montreal. Liam and Hope stand side by side, leaning against a guardrail, their faces illuminated by the city lights as they begin to speak to each other. Hope stares intently at the city skyline.

Hope: It's beautiful, isn't it? The city feels so alive at night.

Liam glances at Hope and forms a small smile. They've known each other for a good while, and Liam hasn't really stopped thinking about her lately. Maybe that means something. Suddenly, as Liam thinks , intrusive thoughts come across his mind. After winning that race and almost crashing, Liam realizes that life may he too short. He clearly really likes Hope, and right now seems like the perfect time to dish out some flirtyness even if he's not good at it at all. Liam glances at Hope and smirks, ready to speak.

Liam: Yeah, it is... Just like you.

Hope blushes slightly at glances at Liam. Did he just try to make a move? No way. Right?

Hope: Smooth, Liam. But seriously, it's nice to be here with you.

Liam's smile fades as it seems Hope took it as a joke instead of something serious. Even if that might be better considering how cliche that was. Liam simply nods in slight embarrassment.

Liam: Yeah, it is.

Suddenly, Hope takes a deep breath and stares at the skyline. Something about what Liam said even if it was a joke caused something to stir in her. She liked Liam. He was the only other guy who understood her. She had to get her feelings off her chest even if it meant a harsh rejection.

Hope: Liam, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. It's been on my mind for a while now.

Liam's face turns from blank to curious as he turns to face her, eager to hear what she says. Maybe she did actually take what he said seriously.

Liam: Qu'est-ce qu'il y a (What's the matter), Hope?

Hope nervously fidgets with her fingers. She's never opened up to someone like this before, so her nerves are all over the place, but she knows there's no going back. Better now than never knowing her. Hope chooses her words carefully.

Hope: I... I've been thinking a lot about us lately. About our friendship and... and how much you mean to me.

Liam listens intently. Is his crush really pouring her feelings out for him? He's usually the one who does it but always gets embarrassed badly. However, this time, it seems like it's going to go well. Really well.

Liam: Go on.

Hope takes a moment to gather her thoughts as her voice goes softer than usual.

Hope: Liam, I... I care about you. A lot. More than just as a friend. And I've been trying to figure out how to say this, but... I think I might be in love with you.

Liam gets surprised but touched by Hope's words as he processes them.

Liam: Wow, Hope. That's... that's a lot to take in.

Hope looks down as she starts to feel vulnerable. Her emotions are fighting to get out, but her thoughts are fighting back.

Hope: I know. I'm sorry if I've made things awkward.

Liam notices Hope's head down and starts to reach out to gently tilt her chin up to meet his eyes with hers. He tilts her head up and looks her in the eyes as his emotions too begin to run rampant.

Liam: No, Hope, it's not that. It's just... I need a moment to process this. It's a big step.

Hope nods and starts to feel relieved but is also taken aback at Liam, raising her head up to meet his eyes. She looks at him deeply and responds.

Hope: Yeah, I understand. Take all the time you need.

Liam takes a deep breath and looks back at the bright and beautiful city lights. It's now or never.

Liam: Vous savez (you know), seeing you here tonight, under the stars, it just... it feels right. And winning that race earlier, it made me realize that life is too short to keep hiding how I feel.

Hope eagerly listens and begins to feel hopeful. They both know they want each other. They both know they want to spend their lives together.

Hope: Liam...

Liam turns to face Hope with an earnest expression across his face.

Liam: Hope, I... I've been feeling the same way. I just didn't know how to tell you.

Hope feels a surge of emotion as she puts on a big smile and her heart begins to pound.

Hope: You have?

Liam nods as he takes Hope's hand and places into his. The feeling of her soft skin on his bringing a feeling of peace and destress.

Liam: Ouais (yeah). And I want you to know that whatever happens next, I'm here for you. Always.

Hope feels overwhelmed but also grateful and squeezes Liam's hand gently.

Hope: Merci (thanks), Liam. That means everything to me.

Liam and Hope share a quiet moment, their hearts racing with uncertainty and possibility. In that moment, overlooking the twinkling lights of Montreal, Liam and Hope take a step forward together, knowing that whatever the future holds, they'll face it side by side. Liam places his forehead on Hope's as they smile at each other with their newfound connection. They look each other in the eyes and share a passionate kiss as the moonlight and city light combine to create a beautiful hue of yellow and blue that shines brightly on the faces of Liam and Hope. They felt they were going to have a connection, and here they were, sharing it together just like they knew they would. Every racer needs a coach, in one way or another, and Liam and Hope are both racers at heart. Liam has found Hope and Hope has found Liam.