A Beacon of Light

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay, everyone! This is take two of chapter 4 as the first draft fell apart. Your time and enjoyment of content is more important to me than a rushed and badly written Chapter trying to get a view. Not to say I am any good or this is any better, haha, but I digress. Thank you, Readers and Commenters for the Support and Patience. I hope you all continue to enjoy my content and I look forward to your comments! Until the next chapter!

Drenched from the rain, Y/n sat in the Bullhead while looking out the door, waiting for his new "companions" to join him. A self-loathing started to creep into the back of his mind.

Y/n: "Am I an idiot or just plain fucking stupid?" He muttered to himself, shaking his head.

The wind was slowly dying as the end of the typhoon neared, and Y/n could see the two people he just met in the bar, approach.

Y/n: "Yup, fucking stupid. The things I do for others." He sighed, admonishing himself.

Looking into the distance, he could see the lights of the village he was leaving. It was a simple settlement, that relied on a simple means of living. They used some of the dust they gathered and mined from the nearby mines, but they mainly traded what they could for the bare minimum supplies to survive.

Looking out beyond the hazy shadow of cabin outlines, he could see the dark foreboding gloom of the forest tundra beyond. The rain had started to ease at this point, going from a wall of water falling from the sky to a steady rain. Ozpin and Glynda entered the BullHead, closing the door behind them. They saw that Y/n had kept his word.

Y/n: "How long will the villages have to wait until their new protectors will arrive?" He asked quietly.

Ozpin: "I will make the call now. At most, it will be two days, and thankfully there are a couple of huntsmen not too far from here that can shield them until the other teams arrive."

Glynda watched as Y/n nodded his head once and began to turn to find a seat for their journey. As she walked past, she was finally able to see his face, and she felt sad. His face was set in a hard look, devoid of most emotion. It was like looking at some of the more jaded and grizzled huntsmen, those that survived but wished they hadn't. What stood out the most though was his eyes. So yellow that they seemed to unnaturally glow, but not only that, they looked lifeless and flat.

Glynda: "What had this kid done and seen to get eyes like that?" She thought and shivered "Funny, I feel sorry for him for some reason and I am glad we found him, but at the same time I just want to slap the shit out of him. And where the hell did he even hear the word dominatrix from?" with conflicting emotions, she looked at her weapon while heading into the cockpit.

Y/n: "So how should I address you and how long until I have to start at your school?" he asked in a neutral voice while he partially turned back

Ozpin: "Well, you can call me Headmaster, or Mr. Ozpin. My closer associates call me Ozpin or just Oz, however, I would prefer you use the former set." he paused for a second before continuing, "You will start my Academy in seven days. Luckily for you, that is the beginning of the new semester," he said interested to what will happen soon as his curiosity to understand the mystery behind the boy grew.

Y/n: "Understood Headmaster." He curtly nodded again as he took his seat in the back of the Bullhead, closing his eyes and leaning his head against the seat, he kept his hand on something in this cloak while maintaining his guard.

Ozpin watched him for a second longer before turning and walking into the cockpit.