Things get worse (somehow)

Start from the beginning

"What's with the title?" I asked Lloyd. It was really weird. None of us acknowledged that I was the sister of his evil ex-crush. The name was weird coming from his mouth. Especially after how everyone acts when they call me that.

"I'm acknowledging your title." He said.

"Well, stop it," I said. "It's annoying."

"As if you don't find every opportunity to annoy me." He said. I rolled my eyes. He's unbelievable. I took my dart rope from my bag and placed it in my belt. I rolled up the rope and placed it next to my dart rope.

The car stopped in the middle of the forest. Without a word, he took his sword and placed it on his back. He covered his face with his mask. I took my backpack and left it underneath my seat. Lloyd followed. In the distance, I could see the warehouse where the map led to. I could feel goosebumps on my back. We're here. My mom could be in there and I didn't know if I wanted to meet her.

"You ok?" I heard Lloyd say next to me. I was snapped out of my thoughts. I wasn't fine at all. I wanted to run, but I couldn't. I was probably about to have the most awkward family reunion ever. I just wanted Mom, but Harumi was going to make it harder.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go." I shoved it off. I wasn't talking about my feelings. No, thank you.

We hid the truck and walked slowly to the warehouse. I was in a bush waiting for something to happen. Lloyd and I could feel the tension in the air. I could hear his heartbeat going as fast as mine. I looked back to find Lloyd next to me. He nodded. I could almost hear his voice in my head.

It's clear

We started sneaking into the warehouse. I took my dart rope and threw it to the ceiling. When I felt it secure, I turned into a bird and flew to the roof. I made sure the dart rope wouldn't fall off while Lloyd climbed up.

I found a window that looked down to the inside. I took my dart rope and walked to the window. I found a pair of guards waiting right next to an elevator. I tapped Lloyd's shoulder and pointed to the elevator. He nodded. He was about to smash the window when I heard someone entering in the distance. I tackled him to the ground before he could do something wrong. Lloyd was about to complain when I covered his mouth. I put my other hand's finger over my mouth. He understood and waited.

A white-haired girl entered the scene. Lloyd and I stuffed and hid. I could hear my heartbeat and his start to speak up. This just got real. She was already here. The guards let her in. I could tell she was here for a while. We were late, but I was completely sure that my mom wasn't free. Or Elese Harumi would have rubbed it in my face. What was taking her so long? She had the upper hand.

When she disappeared, Lloyd counted silently to three. Once his countdown ended, he smashed the window, and I used my webs to trap the guards. I covered their lips too, just in case they decided to scream. They struggled against the webs, but they weren't able to escape or alarm anyone. We entered the elevator and pressed the only button there was.

"What's the plan?" I asked Lloyd as we waited in the elevator.

"Stay in the shadows, find your mom, free her, and leave. Hopefully without getting spotted." He answered. There is no way That was the plan. Out of everything, that was the vaguest plan ever.

"No shit Sherlock," I mumbled.

"Do you have a better idea?" He asked.

"I was just thinking that you had it thought out," I said.

"Well, most of the time I do but I have no idea where this is leading us, so sorry if I can't satisfy you with my answer, princess." He said harshly.

"'Princess,'" I mocked his voice. I heard him gasp.