The moment on the bench

Emily POV:

'Ben!' Lucy chuckles, tucking her hair behind her ear. 'Ben is the boy from the plane.'

'Will you quieten it down?!' I hush at her, filling up the paperwork in front of me. Lucy and I sit in her personal trailer, my mind rushing from moments ago. How could he not have told me? I told him what I do for a living, why didn't he?

'Yes. Ben is the boy from the plane.' I rub my eyes, the lack of sleep catching up with me. 'How is he here?' Lucy looks up from her phone, an eyebrow raised as if I asked the most stupidest question. 'Well obviously I know why he's here.'

'I can't believe you said you had to "rush off"' She continues to laugh, finger quoting the "rush off".

'I panicked.' I burrow my head into my hands, the embarrassment raising on my cheeks. 'So much for not fucking up on first impressions.'

'It's not that bad.' Lucy says, pushing herself up from the sofa to the right of me. 'It's not like you've snogged him'

Oh shit.

I slowly look up at her, an awkward grin slowly raising on my face.

'You did not.' Lucy gasps, walking over to the chair beside me at the table.

'It was one kiss.' I plead, returning my gaze to the papers. Lucy's eyes beam, her eyebrows jumping. 'Just the one.' I chuckle, slowly lifting my finger into the air. Maybe this isn't so bad.

'You lucky duck.' Lucy laughs, her face glowing.

'Can you shut up now? It was embarrassing.'

'Oh, it's not like anyone cares.'

'I care, Luc. Me'

'Besides, he's gorgeous.' She's not wrong there. 'And, if you like to know, no one said anything when you left.' I sigh with relief, looking back at the schedule for the next day.

'Apart from Joe,' My head lifts back up quickly, 'and Rami'

'What?' I gasp.

'Oh, and Gwilym.'

'Lucy!' I drop my head into my hands instantly, feeling all my emotions rise. 'Did Ben say anything?' I ask, my hands shaking slightly.

'Well,' She begins, my heart racing suddenly. 'He did say you knew each other.' I look up at her, pleading for more information.

'And?' I ask, my whole body shaking at this point.

'And. That was it.' Lucy says, turning to the fridge that stands on the side of the trailer, a few home photos stuck to it. 'Want a drink?'

'Are you serious?' I ask her, my jaw dropped, eyebrows raised. 'I'm having a crisis here.'

'Oh stop being dramatic.' Lucy giggles, opening the fridge door.

Suddenly there's a knock at the trailer door, I turn quickly, staring at it. What if it's him? What if it's Bryan asking why I ran off? What if I'm going to get fired? I can't get fired, Lucy's my boss. Can I?

'Are you going to answer it then?' Lucy asks, pointing towards the door. I smile sarcastically, before raising myself from the chair.

I take a nervous breath before opening it up, revealing an in character Ben. Ok Emily, be professional.

'Hey.' Ben smiles, looking up at me, his face perfectly shaped with hair sitting at his shoulders.

'Hi.' I say putting on my serious face. 'How can we help you?' I swallow the nerves in my throat, trying to stay professional.