broncos blue <3

"i've not forgiven you though

"i've not forgiven you though." blue said from underneath her duvet, her hair ruffled half on her face and half on her pillow.

"what?" peter spoke softly brushing a strand of hair away from her mouth.

"you have a lot of work to do to make it up to me. just because you said all those wonderful things doesn't mean i'm going to forgive you so easy." Half an hour had gone by since they had spoken things out. that half an hour was field with mindless chatter and small kisses. azure was at peace but that didn't mean a small part of her brain wasn't worrying.

it would be too easy for peter to pull away again, even after his confession and hers. azure knows if that happened, there isn't much she can do. you can do so much to keep a person but once they are gone the only thing left to do is let them go.

Azure has had many chance in learning this. Her first time being her first boyfriend at thirteen. he was a nice boy, or so she thought and they dated for a whole three months. turns out he was also dating a boy named marco and they're still together to this day. blue was heart broken over her gay ex boyfriend but nonetheless had to let him go.

the next, was one of her siblings to whom she does not talk about. when she was fourteen her older sister, saphie went off the grid. Saphie, the name originating from the colour sapphire, was 17 when she ran away. The only thing azure new about it was her sisters opinions on the society they lived in and that her sister did not want to be in a faction. but azure didn't class her as a sister anymore, hence why she told no one about her. Saphie simply disappeared, the only thing inclining that she ran was one note addressed to their mother.

mother,

i am leaving, don't look for me i don't want to be found. i hope one day you understand the decision i've made, until then i do not feel comfortable with keeping contact.

from saphie

no one from the family even got a goodbye. azure detested the girl that left her after only being in her chosen faction a year. how endless nights she could hear her parents cry and argue over the missing girl. detested her when she had no family left because her own sister abandoned her. she hated her when after two years her sister hadn't even written her a card to see if she was okay after the death of their parents, it being in every news paper throughout the whole city. azure hated her for all the nights she spent crying in her bed waiting for her to come home and praying that she wasn't dead.

now it made no difference to the girl.

but azure wasn't thinking of this in the moment, she rarely thought about her at all anymore. the next person she had to let go of was her parents. their death being the most pain one girl should ever endure. not only one but two being ripped away at such a young age makes a hole too big to ever refill.

the fourth was chris, her brother which she hasn't quite let go of yet she feels like she half has too. he will have a new life now, a new best friend. a new person his parents will start prepping the wedding with. a new family he will create all without her. so everyday she does let him go a tiny bit more, not enough to loose him but just enough for when the day comes she won't be crushed when he doesn't need her anymore.