𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟩 - 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓈 𝐿𝑜𝓈𝓉

I woke up with a start, Dally was still there but not alone, Ponyboy and Johnny were there. Ponyboy was wrapped in a towel and Johnny was talking with Dally outside the door, I saw since the door was cracked open. I looked at Pony and got a bit uncomfortable since the conversation me and Dally had yesterday. Or I think it was yesterday when it was dark outside, "Hey Dally," I said,

"Yeah, doll?"

"Why you got a heater?" I said, knowing that he can hurt people with heaters. I sat up and looked around Ponyboy and Johnny were sitting on the bed next to me shivering, Johnny had blood on his hands and Ponyboy was all wet. "You guys ok?" I asked they looked at each other before Johnny answered,

"We killed a Soc,"

"Oh, good for you," I said, then I realized. "Wait, you what?"

"There it is," Dally said winking at me, "It was this one Soc we had a run-in with Bob something or other,"

"WHAT!" I yelled, "You killed my brother!" I couldn't believe it, but at the same time, I felt ok with it or at least less sad than I should have been. My two best buddies had killed my no-good brother and as much as I loved him. What was the difference, don't get me wrong I was crying all right but he was never around, always was rude to me. Maybe his buddies would leave me alone now too. I could hang out with the gang with no sweat. Dally seemed to notice how shaken up I was and stayed quiet. "We're running away," Johnny said, looking up at me hopefully, I knew I needed to forgive him and the only way to do that was to be with him. I couldn't lose my best friend. "I'm coming with you," I didn't even process what I was saying, I knew it was the right thing to do, but why?

"Y/n you can't," Johnny said,

"Johnny Cade, I can do whatever the heck I want," with that he stopped arguing, and stood up.

"Then it's time to go," Johnny said, I grabbed a hairbrush from the nightstand, it was the only thing I would need, and for whatever reason it was right there beside me.

We got up and ran to a train station, it was dark outside and nobody could see us. We hopped up onto a cart and fell asleep, Johnny woke me and Ponyboy up making us jump off the train half asleep. We walked up to a church, it was abandoned but livable.

"Sweet place" I smiled, running into the church, sneezing from the dust, and looking around at my surroundings. Wooded pues and other damaged items inside the church. I looked out of one of the windows admiring the field as Johnny and Ponyboy entered. I feel a bit upset thinking more about Bob but snapped out of it.

"I wonder how long we'll have to hide here" I muttered, glancing at the two and smiling softly, then glancing at our food supply, which now I wanted to organize it. I walked over to the bag and started taking out all of our food and organizing it.

"I hope not for too long, I'm already sick of this place" Ponyboy smiled a bit, sitting next to Johnny and watching over him.

{ Time skip }

It's been about three days since we ran away and today we had a visitor. I knew Dally wanted to visit but I never really took him seriously. "Hey sleeping beauty, rise and shine," I voice said, looking at my hair. Ponyboy, Johnny, and I had changed our hair, they had cut theirs short plus Pony was blond, I had a bob now but I didn't hate it. "Dally?" I said, super confused. "Yeah, Doll?" I jumped up almost knocking him down with a hug. "I missed you too," He said in a teasing manner. Pony immediately got up and started walking towards Dally, from what I can tell, he had millions of questions. But he started with the worst one

"Since when are you guys so close," I knew I was blushing but I sorta liked how close our bond was. I wished Soda had visited too, I knew how much Pony missed him, and if I have to admit I missed him as well. As if reading my mind, Dally said "Oh, I got a letter from Sodapop, one for Y/n and one for Pony." I raised my eyebrows a bit as he took the envelopes out of his back pocket, I took mine that had 'Y/n' in fine handwriting on it. It read:

Dear Y/n,

I wanted to give you a separate letter because Ponyboy can't know everything. Darry's worried sick for the both of you, so am I. It's awful quiet, you know Two-bit wanted to go to Texas to look for you guys. He was right about to before Dally came in and told him no. Dallas really likes you, I don't know why but he's been super keen on telling people not to go looking for you. That he knows where you are. Like it makes him better or something, it gets on my nerves a bit sure but he's still my buddy. I really wanna come and see you guys but ol' Dal is keeping me from doing so. I wanted to say how my I miss you and the whole gang o'course.

Sodapop Curtis

I stared at the letter a good while, to be honest, I missed him too, I wanted to run home and give him a big hug after reading this. But I couldn't. Besides, I hadn't forgotten what Dally had told me "He has a girlfriend." So I did the next best thing. I saw Ponyboy reading his letter and ran to hug him, he was my best buddy and I thought he needed it, or maybe I needed it. Either way, I hugged Ponyboy tight, not wanting to let go, he hugged back as though he felt the same way. I was happy I had him, my brother was dead, and my parents didn't want me anyway.