𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟨 - 𝐼𝓉 𝒢𝑜𝑒𝓈 𝒟𝑜𝓌𝓃

[time-skip: 1 month- Ponyboy and y/n walking home from a movie]

I was walking home from a movie with Ponyboy, it was a bright sunny day, and we were having a nice conversation. I liked him enough, he was a nice boy and good-looking too, he always had something to say in the best way. That day he had offered to walk me home. I stepped into my house and waved to Ponyboy, I sat down on the couch and picked up a newspaper. Bob wasn't home yet and my parents were still at work so I was alone. That's when I heard a scream, somebody yelling names, "DARRY, SODA, Y/N, STEVE!" I ran out of the house and found Ponyboy and the gang fighting off some socs. I saw Johnny hiding and ran to join him. Dally jumped a fence and ran over, Soda ran to help Ponyboy. I watched in horror, I had seen people after being jumped but seeing the socs hitting Pony showed me what they had to deal with. I ran to help but the socs had already left. The gang told me it was ok, Pony, Johnny, and Dally invited me to the drive-in movie tonight, and I agreed to the invite.

The night soon came and we three were walking to the drive-in theater. I was excited since one of my favorite movies was playing that night. We walked up and sat down in 4 seats right above some girls, they were socs and nice enough. I knew what Dally was thinking and I did not want to be here for it. "Dal, you better not," he just smirked at me then leaned over to whisper something to Ponyboy. "Some cute redhead," she just ignored him. He kept pressing her until she snapped, he played with her hair, talked about her, and more. I'll admit it bothered me a little, seeing him flirting with other girls. "Shut your Trap!" The girl yelled, interrupting my thoughts. Surprisingly Dally listened but he turned on me, "So Doll, you know this soc," the girl looked at me as her eyes got wide, "y/n Sheldon," she said "What are you doing hanging around with this trash," Dally saw this as a queue for him to leave and did so silently. "Dally's my buddy, I'm not a grease but I-" Cherry interrupted me.

"You gonna start up on us too," she said turning on Ponyboy, he shook his head, "You don't seem the type what's your name." Pony looked at me and I nodded, Cherry was a nice girl trust me I knew. She was my brother's girlfriend after all, "I'm Ponyboy Curtis," he said,

"That's an original name, I'm Sherry Valence, but my friends call me Cherry"

"Yeah well my dad, he was an original person, I got a brother named Sodapop it even says so on his birth certificate." I didn't listen to the rest of their conversation, I was thinking... thinking about Soda and Dally and how I knew one day I would have to choose. I know that was a deep thought but I couldn't help it, I'm like that my brain just wanders off. I thought of Soda, considerate and fond, handsome, Soda. I thought of Dally, flirtatious, passionate, hot Dally. I sighed, looking at the stars and admiring them from afar. I sighed, no longer interested in being at the movies anymore since they were talking and I was just sitting here, with nothing to do. "Y/n!" Cherry said, waving her hand in my face, "Lord, I thought you had up and died right here,"

"I'm okay, thanks Cherry," she was pretty and nice at that I was glad she liked Pony too, but I always thought something was up with her uptight attitude. I glanced at Pony, seeing how sucked in he was to the movie. I didn't care to hang around when my brother's girlfriend was flirting with my best friend so I told Ponyboy I was gonna leave. He didn't seem to care, boys. So I just got up and left, I decided to walk over to Buck Merriel's place because I knew Dallas would be there after he left. I knocked on the door, and a tall man answered the door, he wasn't very good-looking and had his two front teeth knocked out. "What do you want?" he said, looking me up and down, he smirked at me as I ducked under his arm to get inside. I saw a familiar face in the corner "Tim!" I yelled, "Tim Sheperd!" he turned around, "Have you seen Dallas."

"Have I? We had a run-in in the bedroom cooling off, I messed him up good." he looked proud of himself,

"Thanks, Tim." I ran out of the room to a bedroom on the second floor, I opened the door, "AHHHHHHHH," not Dally...I don't wanna talk about it. I ran to the next door and knocked this time, "Dallas?"

"Y/n?" he answered with a slight fake smile. I saw him genuinely smile when he saw me. "It is you! Why you're here Doll,"

"I had about enough of Cherry flirting with Ponyboy," I muttered, now leaning against the doorway.

"What you jealous?" Dally asked, I blushed, I had never thought of Ponyboy that way.

"I- don't think so?" 

"You don't seem so sure,"

"Well, I am," I wasn't, I was kinda seeing him in a whole new light. Not the way I saw Soda or Dally, but not how I used to see him either. I stayed silent, I couldn't let Dally know what I was thinking. "You know Y/n," he said "I've always thought you liked Sodapop, the way you looked at him and everything, but now? I think you'll take the Curtis name differently." he winked at me,

"Shut your trap, Dallas Winston, you know I like... somebody."

"So...you don't know who you like," He smirked. I thought for a moment, that maybe that was it, I didn't know who I liked. I sat down with Dally, wanting to talk but the moment my head hit the pillow I was asleep.