"It's okay," I reassured him, holding his face in my hands. I wanted to run my fingers over it forever, cherish the way smooth skin met the prickle of stubble. "I promise."

He kissed the underside of my jaw gently, his lips leaving a trail of warmth wherever they went. My neck, my shoulder, my collarbone. His hands lightly traipsed beneath my shirt, slowly pulling it over my head. He stared at me, his eyes following my curves but ultimately landing on my face.

"You are beautiful, Callie," he breathed out as he tucked my hair behind my ear. He watched me for a moment more before removing his own shirt—lightly defined abs laying beneath it—and all I wanted to do was run my hands over them; I wanted to memorize every groove, every freckle, every single square inch of him.

"You are, too," I whispered, entranced by him and the way his face looked from below and the feeling of his legs in between mine.

"Thank you," he exhaled with a chuckle as he kissed me again. "I'm glad you think so."

My breath caught in my throat as I tried to reply, his fingers creeping onto my hips and underneath my waistband.

"Do you want me to stop?" he paused, concern embedded in his voice.

"No," I said, latching onto his wrist and urging him to continue. "Please don't."

He silently obliged, his fingers dancing around my abdomen and eventually sliding my sweatpants off of my frame. The cold air of the basement raised goosebumps on my thighs, his hand quickly moving to warm them.

He reached behind him, pulling the comforter from its crumpled position at the foot of the bed and covered our intertwined limbs with it.

And then he touched me, and it felt the way I'd always imagined it. Gentle fingers drew circles between my legs and gentle words caressed my ear, talking me through the movements.

"Relax, my love," he purred into my neck, his thumb tilting my face to meet his. "Is this how you like it?"

"Yes," I breathed out, my nails starting to leave a mark on his upper back. "I'm close."

"Take your time," he whispered, taking my collarbone in his teeth. I sharply inhaled as I felt them leave evidence of us; he chased the pinch of bruised skin with kisses almost too delicate to feel. "This is about you."

His voice was like butter, the sound sending my body over the edge into a state of pure euphoria. The high started small and quickly consumed me whole, and all I could do was bask in it.

"Mm," he hummed, drinking the remnants of me off of his ring and middle fingers. "Every second I'm with you, I find something new to love."

"Fuck me," I commanded, his compliment soaring in one ear and out the other. I reached for his jeans, this time refusing to take no for an answer—this time, he didn't stop me.

"Are you sure, Cal—oh, fuck," he exhaled as I wrapped my hand around him, treating him with the same respect he did me.

"Yes," I whispered, tightening the grip of my thighs around his waist. "I want to make you feel good."

"You did that already," he reassured me, dipping downwards to kiss me. "We don't need to."

"I want to," I urged. He furrowed his eyebrows. "I want to."

He only spared me a quick glance between pulling the drawer of his nightstand open, fishing through empty cigarette boxes and meaningless clutter to find a condom. He ripped the wrapper with his teeth and spit it onto the floor, sliding it on in one fluid motion.

"Just say the word and we stop," he warned, scouring my eyes for an okay. I nodded. That was enough.

We both gasped as he slid in. "Are you okay?" he asked breathlessly, slowly setting the pace.

"Yes," I promised, pushing my fingertips into his lower back. "Are you?"

"I've never been better," his voice was raspy and his kiss was hungry. "You feel so good."

The talking was replaced by heavy breaths laced with whimpers, pretty words occasionally gracing my ear. The sound of him made my heart swell.

And then he came, and his body collapsed beside mine, his fingers tracing mindless shapes onto my bare back. Chills followed his touch and his scent swallowed me whole.

"You are incredible," he whispered, his voice heavy with lust and sleep.

"I love you," I said almost silently, and I could feel his embrace tighten. I turned towards him, nestling my head into his chest; his figure glistened with sweat.

"I love you," he responded, and I almost stopped to wonder what I was so scared of. I'd never felt so human, so real.

And as my eyes fluttered closed, I dreamed of him.