Night 5: Santa Claus Dan

Renaldo is calling out Dan's name, as he wanders around the house part of the facility. As he patiently searches for him, he finds that the 6 AM door leading to the sewers, is open...

"It can't be! HE MANAGED TO GET AWAY!!" he says in disbelief. 

After everything he planned, everything he built, his victim just casually escapes? No. He won't accept this so easily.

Nightmare Fredbear comes from behind as Renaldo tells him to go after Dan.

Dan finds some time to catch his breath in the sewers, where he finally finds a flashlight. But before he even starts to think, he sees Nightmare climbing the stairs and following him! 

Cursing his luck, he quickly hides in a security room and turns off the flashlight. 

In this room Dan sees a lever next to a gate. He crawls through the gate and finds a generator. He is hesitant to turning it on, since it will alert literally everyone in the building. Nonetheless, he decides to turn it on and as he heads outside the room he sees Renaldo who is heading towards him!

Dan walks onto the sewage sidewalk, with Ronaldo screaming and telling him to stop running away. He eventually finds a ladder and climbs it.

As he reaches her top, he places a few boxes on top of her to prevent Renaldo, who curses and screams at Dan, from climbing.

Dan is finally back in the surface!! It really feels like a lifetime ago since he last saw the outside world... And how coincidental must be for him to notice that the sky's color is bloody red? Symbolizing all the blood and torment this tragic story has brought since the beginning...

He tends to leave the place, but it appears that the exit simply leads to the wilderness, so he decides it would be better to enter the ground floor of the building. 

As he enters he sees the Puppet and the shadow animatronic that Ant has possessed.

Ant: Dan! You're almost done! You need to reverse all the torment Renaldo has done.

Dan: What do you mean by that?

Ant: I'm not his first victim Dan... You know that.

Dan: So, I guess this leads to this puppet next to you?

Ant: This is Elizabeth. She is been helping me. She wants this story over as much as we do. And even better, she knows what the spirits want. Let her guide you.

Dan decides to trust his friend. What he has to do now is trying to befriend the spirits of the dead children trapped inside the animatronics, while Ant is holding off Renaldo.

Dan heads into a place that looks familiar to him. He realizes that it's actually a Fazbear's restaurant.

"Yeah, this place just SCREAMS animatronics" he aptly claims.

As he proceeds, he finds the animatronics and to his big surprise they just walk past him. How could this be? After dealing with so many of these homicidal, aggressive killing machines he now sees that they didn't even notice him? Are these things actually animatronics?

While searching for the Puppet, Dan finds her in one of the party rooms. She stands in a dark corner of the room, with four presents on the floor. Dan assumes that he have to give these to the animatronics.

He now gets it. He realizes that these animatronics are actually spirits of the dead children, all murdered by Renaldo. By giving them these gifts, he will save their souls and help them finally rest in peace. Setting them finally free from all the undeserved pain and mechanized torture... 

After salvaging all the spirits, Dan is alone in the building, singing cheerfully and celebrating all the good he has done. He heads back to look for Elizabeth and Ant, but instead he finds Renaldo standing in the doorway...

" You think you're saved these souls? Your soul is all I need..." Renaldo mockingly states.

(TO BE CONTINUED)