(2) ༺

˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖
𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚢

[The Secret Is Not To Chase Butterflies, But To Take Care Of The Garden So They'll Come To You] 🪴

MU: METANOIA UNIVERSITY

A community of the most sharp-witted, artistic, stunning, academic & athletic black excellence students in the nation. With an 88% acceptance rate and vast choice of career options, social clubs, sororities/ fraternities, students were destined for greatness. Metanoia University was founded by  Dr James McCune Smith, the first black person to withhold a doctorates degree in America. It was a tradition to honor his legacy on the first day of classes and that's exactly what the quad looked like today.

Staff, teachers, and students occupied every
Corner of the courtyard. Tents of different committees welcomed the students with brochures, lanyards, steamy southern food, and backpacks full of stationary goods.

Everyone's head bobbed to "Heard It All Before by Sunshine Anderson" that played through the speakers, including Amarina and Yara whose body's swayed towards the transfer student tent.

"Hey pretty girls, are you guys apart of the (TSC) transfer student committee?" Yasmine the vice president of TSC spoke with a cheerful Midwest cadence.

"Yes, we are" Amarina and Yara said simultaneously.

"And what school are yall coming from, got to keep an eye on the rivalry." Yasmine smirked, cockily pushing her brown crownrows behind her back as she heard the woman giggle at her comment.

"Community College of Miami"

A gasp fell from Yasmine's lips initiating more laughs from Amarina and Yara. "MIAMI???? you guys are so lucky I've always wanted to visit and relish in my island gyal era." She voiced while dutty wining in her cheer outfit.

"Well, you have chosen the right place, just a few things we offer are lifelong friendships, scholarships, trips, and overall student success. Here is a timeline of all the upcoming meetings, events, and trips. I truly wish you the best of luck this year and go cats! Oh, don't forget we have our first meeting this Wednesday at 3pm in the greenhouse on east campus, see you then."

With a joyful "Thank you, can't wait" they both left, arms wrapped around one another as they skipped with jubilation towards their classes.

"Can't believe this is our reality" Rina breathed, in contentment.

"Me either bestie, me either"

˚.𖣠𖤓𖣠☽◯☾༒︎𓇬...

The sound of heels clinking against the floor echoed throughout the lecture hall. The aura oozing from the professor sunk into the pores of her students causing the distracting conversations to die down and heads to turn in curiosity.

A black woman of 5'8 stepped through the double doors, exhibiting divine energy. Her dark-skin radiated the atmosphere, you could almost hear a faint sound of heaven's trumpets. She wore elongated Afrocentric braids that were thrown in a bun with beads at the bottom, bright orange hibiscus flowers accompanied her ears, and her outfit of choice was an orange monochromatic blazer and skirt set with  matching heels.